Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had seeds confiscated twice and all they do is send a letter saying we took your seeds and destroyed them. By law no seeds of any kind can be shipped across borders. It's some kinda Agriculture law. They can't prove that you ordered them. Anybody could get your address and send you seeds without your permission.
That's pretty much all that ever happens with steroid purchases as well. I've never read a first hand account of an arrest or controlled delivery related to purchases through the mail. The only risk is to the seller, and it's usually the banks that intervene and freeze their accounts. Arrests are invariably local affairs where a relative or former employee reports illegal activities to police.

LOL It's probably not what you think. I self administer hormone replacement therapy, testosterone. It's a schedule one drug, that costs me $35 twice a year on the black market plus $85 for blood tests 3 times a year. The Rooskis made it easy to purchase. Nothing more.
You getting that stuff they give to their athletes?😊

I've had seeds confiscated twice and all they do is send a letter saying we took your seeds and destroyed them. By law no seeds of any kind can be shipped across borders. It's some kinda Agriculture law. They can't prove that you ordered them. Anybody could get your address and send you seeds without your permission.
Proof in point; Remember all those mystery seeds that were sent unsolicited from China a while back?
Don't remember what happened to the ones I got, but I think they wound up on the outside grill. Didn't want to become one of those pod people.

I watch way too many horror movies.....

Started spraying the second (bad) Auto Caramelicious with colloidal silver today. I figure it's not going to make much smokable bud anyway, so it should be good for learning to make feminized seeds.

The spray is 30PPM, 20PPM ionic silver which is a little under the optimal 30. Good enough for most plants from what I read, though.

I figure I only need one branch to get pollen for this and the other auto. I just used a piece of cardboard to separate the branch for spraying (don't think that will work on freak show). I will spray it every day for three weeks or until it makes some pollen sacks. Actually I'll be in Germany from I think the 12th to the 20th, so I will hopefully get my wife to spray it on those days.

Wasn't 100% sure if I just needed to hit the pre-flower, so I soaked the entire branch.

crml10.jpg
crml11.jpg

Finally hooked up the carbon filter to the A/C in the grow room. I was expecting it to be a pain getting all the different size hoses and connectors to fit together, but it took less than 5 minutes. Duct tape makes a great gap filler : )

The freak show had developed a lot of undergrowth that was turning yellow. I removed most of it to hopefully get some air flow through the leaves. I also cleaned up all of the inner nodes, maybe redirect some energy. It hasn't made much progress the last several days. Not sure why it's slowing down, but it's not the only one.

I also took a couple of lower branches for clones. They should be rooting right about the time I head to Germany, so not the best timing. I was just bored.

Day 26 for the ABC and Supafreaks. The ABC and smaller Supafreak are both growing, just a lot slower than I'm used to. The larger Supafreak seems to like it's new pot and is trying to keep pace with the autos. I think I'm giving it too much light, though. I will probably top it tonight or tomorrow.

fs04.jpg

sf03.jpg

Day 86 for freak show. Hasn't done much at all in the last week or so. I trimmed more growth than it made, and there's still some tip burn going on. I've been sticking to plain water, 6.5-ish, and waiting to see what it decides to do. It obviously doesn't like something I gave it last week. Anyway, the plan is to take a couple more clones to give away while the autos are flowering and making seeds, then flip it and "self" it to get some feminized seeds. I still have more bud than I know what to do with, and the THC Bomb will likely double that.

fs05.jpg

Day 86 for freak show. Hasn't done much at all in the last week or so. I trimmed more growth than it made, and there's still some tip burn going on. I've been sticking to plain water, 6.5-ish, and waiting to see what it decides to do. It obviously doesn't like something I gave it last week. Anyway, the plan is to take a couple more clones to give away while the autos are flowering and making seeds, then flip it and "self" it to get some feminized seeds. I still have more bud than I know what to do with, and the THC Bomb will likely double that.

View attachment 305479
My freaks have that burn thing going on as well but only on older leaves. The new growth (what little there is of it-lol) is nice and green. I am thinking mine don’t like the soil I have them in. I am going to get some good soil this week now that I am no longer Typhoid Fogey. I am feeding mine full strength nutes at this point. Now if I can just keep my obese cat(is that fat shaming?) away from them…

I saw an ad for a "clone ball" that was a plastic ball you could fill with dirt and snap over a branch. I thought it was a cool idea, but they wanted too much for it. I thought I would make my own. I filled it with rockwool soaked in Mycos flavored water. The ad said to wait 15 days, so I'll give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. I was going to remove that branch anyway. I'll probably have to add water occasionally, but not sure.

View attachment 303601
Interested to see how this experiment goes. I love the outside the box thinking. Looking good my friend.

Your freakshow looks nicely filled out even tho she’s a bit burnt she will heal I’m sure. Is it showing flowering yet?
Not yet, since it's a photo period. I plan to flip it after I have some clones and after I finish selfing the autos. I don't really have the space to self two different plants at the same time. I might move the second auto outside with its sister to share in the seed making. That would give me space to flip freak show a little early.

Interested to see how this experiment goes. I love the outside the box thinking. Looking good my friend.
The first one failed. I think I used too much root starter, and too little moisture. I also didn't strip the thick (for weed) bark off the branch like I saw in the video. I'm going to try again with just dirt and water and a properly stripped limb. Can't decide whether to start now or wait until I get back from Germany. I'm already leaving a lot for my wife to deal with while I'm gone, so I'll probably wait.

My freaks have that burn thing going on as well but only on older leaves. The new growth (what little there is of it-lol) is nice and green. I am thinking mine don’t like the soil I have them in. I am going to get some good soil this week now that I am no longer Typhoid Fogey. I am feeding mine full strength nutes at this point. Now if I can just keep my obese cat(is that fat shaming?) away from them…
New growth is all green on mine as well. Sort of indicates potassium deficiency, but the last time I added extra potassium to a plant it got worse.

It's growing in mostly MG Twice as Big with 20% perlite. I have been haphazard with what I feed it, though. Sometimes it gets what I make up for the tomatoes, and sometimes what I'm giving to the seedlings (mostly cal-mag). Until recently it hasn't made a fuss about anything I gave it. The marigolds sharing its pot are still in good shape.

New growth is all green on mine as well. Sort of indicates potassium deficiency, but the last time I added extra potassium to a plant it got worse.

It's growing in mostly MG Twice as Big with 20% perlite. I have been haphazard with what I feed it, though. Sometimes it gets what I make up for the tomatoes, and sometimes what I'm giving to the seedlings (mostly cal-mag). Until recently it hasn't made a fuss about anything I gave it. The marigolds sharing its pot are still in good shape.
I gave mine a dose of bloom nutes because I had seen pictures of potassium deficiency that looked similar as well. I don’t know if it helped, hurt or made no difference. Haphazard is a good description of the care my freaks are getting. lol. My soil is some organic stuff with some random %-age of perlite mixed in from my local hardware store. Great for cloning (apparently) but doesn’t drain/dry out that well.

Have a safe trip.

This crazy THC Bomb is flowering already, ***? It's going to complicate the whole selfing on the outdoor auto. I'll be picking seeds out of both sets of buds <sigh>.

thcb12.jpg

thcb13.jpg

Oops, I know what happened. My daughter is home and has been using my gym at night. She has been turning off the porch light despite me telling her I like to leave it on. It didn't even occur to me it would impact flowering. Not sure if I should turn it back on, or leave it off now that it's starting to flower. Probably whatever I decide my daughter will do the opposite...

So they all got some in-flower nutes with extra P and K, and they decided to start growing again. Day 28 for ABC and Supafreak, two whole days later they are noticeably bigger.

Freak show is about the same, unfortunately. I'm still trimming browned leaves daily. Not sure what I did to piss it off. Maybe it doesn't like the marigolds.

sf11.jpg
sf10.jpg

fs26.jpg

Latest posts

Back