Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to really like the colors on this thing. What are the odds of using the pollen from her sister (assuming the colloidal silver works) to get more seeds that produce these colors? Her sister has normal colors. Maybe I need to self this one as well, or clone a branch and self the resulting train wreck??

crml12.jpg

I'm starting to really like the colors on this thing. What are the odds of using the pollen from her sister (assuming the colloidal silver works) to get more seeds that produce these colors? Her sister has normal colors. Maybe I need to self this one as well, or clone a branch and self the resulting train wreck??

View attachment 305843
now that's a crazy looking plant with all that yellow...

I guess I'm going to pollinate it from the other auto. That's assuming all this rain isn't washing the colloidal silver off before the next treatment. Might try to clone a branch as well, though I'm not having much luck with the lately. But if it works I can self the clone and use it to pollinate the mother.

Might try to clone a branch as well, though I'm not having much luck with the lately.
I had terrible results before I started just using dirt. Since I started using potting soil I am batting 1000. I just split the stem with a razor, dip it in Dip N Gro(though my last clone I didn’t even use that) and stick the split stem into the soil. I cut the bigger leaves back. Then I cover the pot tightly with plastic wrap and put the pot in a warm place(on top of my water heater works well). I give them a little light(2 13 watt CFL bulbs). In about a week or so they have rooted. It can’t be that easy but it has been for me.

Yep,,,I clone all kinds of shit that way.I just set them in the sun or under a cfl and keep damp. Sometimes I will use a plastic bottle I've cut the top off of and set that over the clone.

I think I may be giving them too much light. I've been putting them under a grow light just because it was convenient and kept them warm in the air conditioned room.

Over the winter I used a seedling mat under just the ceiling lights in my shop, and didn't have too many failures with dirt or with grow plugs. Well, not counting the clone tray spider mites turned into a nursery.

I think I may be giving them too much light. I've been putting them under a grow light just because it was convenient and kept them warm in the air conditioned room.

Over the winter I used a seedling mat under just the ceiling lights in my shop, and didn't have too many failures with dirt or with grow plugs. Well, not counting the clone tray spider mites turned into a nursery.
I have read that ‘warm’ color lighting is better for root development. I think the color temperature of my CFL’s is 3000 k. Whatever it is, it has worked well enough for me that I won’t be using plugs or rock wool again. It could also be the strain/strandivar. I have only tried this with one of the hybrids I made.

Looks like I'm not going to Germany after all. Family illness (don't ask) is keeping me here. Not sure how I feel to have a close family member's misfortune save me from a trip I was dreading.

Anyway, decided to go ahead and switch freak show to 12/12. I have 6 cuttings for clones. Hopefully some of them will take root. The mother is getting selfed, so in 12 weeks or so I hope to have some feminized freak show seeds.

Still waiting to sex the supafreak. It's starting to grow much faster the last several days.

Latest posts

Back