Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you tell if mines a girl yet?
0E61A930-1C9F-4BAE-91C1-3083C3E90AA0.jpeg

Can't tell for sure. I only see one pistil, though. Females have two. It could just be too early, though.

Edit: I went back out and double checked mine, and now I'm less sure than I was. There are two pistils on "most" junctions, but they are on opposite sides. I guess I'll know for sure when it starts flowering. I have plenty of seeds, I guess.

Last edited:
Can't tell for sure. I only see one pistil, though. Females have two. It could just be too early, though.

Edit: I went back out and double checked mine, and now I'm less sure than I was. There are two pistils on "most" junctions, but they are on opposite sides. I guess I'll know for sure when it starts flowering. I have plenty of seeds, I guess.

The other plant shows nothing yet. I’m thinking this one is male but maybe will show more in a few days (or weeks😜)

I found an interesting thread on another forum. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it? It has a LOT of discussion on sexing these things, but no definitive answer. Some interesting pics from there...

Here's a female clone.
fs_female.jpg

Here's a close up of a female. Note the tiny hairs.
fs_female_close.jpg

Pretty sure this came from a female : )
fs_female_bud.jpg

I think mine has to grow a bit more before I know. One is just naked the other may start to show soon. I’ll start looking for the tiny hairs

I gave mine a good going over today. Nothing. I have my suspicions about the biggest one though. We are still at about 14 hours of light outside here so I am not surprised. One of my crosses of other strains has shown he is a boy for over a month(though I already knew he was a he-can I say that?). I am collecting pollen from him for future stuff. The girls of that strandivar are just showing this week. The only full on sativa I ever grew took a long time to show (and a really long time to ripen) so I think the Freaks may be similar. As much as I would like a fast-forward button on these plants, I know the journey is most of the fun. Patience, Old Fogey Grasshopper…

Does yours have the tiny hairs?

I have to keep a real eye out on it cause it sits right beside my beautiful dosidos that seems it’s gonna have some big buds. The colas are already over 2ft tall and still growing. Don’t want to have a freak out on her.

I have to keep a real eye out on it cause it sits right beside my beautiful dosidos that seems it’s gonna have some big buds. The colas are already over 2ft tall and still growing. Don’t want to have a freak out on her.
Dosido-freakshow seeds could produce some interesting plants!

Does yours have the tiny hairs?
If there's tiny hairs it's a female forsure male's never have hairs unless its a hemi but it looks a lil to early to judge 100% but that one looks like a male to me...... because of the crab claw type formation here.... I'd keep a close eye on it let me know if it ends up a boy or girl
Screenshot_20220814-220118.png

Started spraying the second (bad) Auto Caramelicious with colloidal silver today. I figure it's not going to make much smokable bud anyway, so it should be good for learning to make feminized seeds.

The spray is 30PPM, 20PPM ionic silver which is a little under the optimal 30. Good enough for most plants from what I read, though.

I figure I only need one branch to get pollen for this and the other auto. I just used a piece of cardboard to separate the branch for spraying (don't think that will work on freak show). I will spray it every day for three weeks or until it makes some pollen sacks. Actually I'll be in Germany from I think the 12th to the 20th, so I will hopefully get my wife to spray it on those days.

Wasn't 100% sure if I just needed to hit the pre-flower, so I soaked the entire branch.

View attachment 305186View attachment 305188

I was wondering myself about the C silver But I was thinking it was too late to start spraying a small og glue plant??? Too get some feminized seeds from it since they aren't going to turn out the best like they should have. That spot was 1st attack by termites lost 2 nice females and then the septoria spot problem was a double whammy I might make a bottle and see if I can get the smallest to make a small amount of pollen to make a small amount of seeds with her sister.....

I was wondering myself about the C silver But I was thinking it was too late to start spraying a small og glue plant??? Too get some feminized seeds from it since they aren't going to turn out the best like they should have. That spot was 1st attack by termites lost 2 nice females and then the septoria spot problem was a double whammy I might make a bottle and see if I can get the smallest to make a small amount of pollen to make a small amount of seeds with her sister.....
I may have started too late with the caramelicious auto. It's been almost two weeks and all I see is developing female flowers. Freakshow will get sprayed starting today, even though I'm still not 100% sure it's female.

This is the most practical video on using colloidal silver I've seen. He takes it from first spray to collecting and storing the pollen in under 5 minutes. It starts around 33 seconds in. Linking it with the start time doesn't work because of the "age restriction".

After watching it again, I'm pretty sure I started spraying the auto too late.

Started a stealth fighter seed today. I think that's the last mutant strain I have seeds for. If it looks as good as the pictures, I might grow some outside next year where the neighbors can see it.

I also started spraying a branch on freak show as well as an auto animal cookies plant with colloidal silver. I was going to gift the auto to someone, but now I need it to make seeds from the caramelicious auto with the striped leaves. I'll only use it if the caramalicious I'm spraying fails to produce pollen. Probably lose the colors completely, but it's worth a try.

Day 96 for freak show. Switching to 12/12 it's started stretching a bit already. Still not 100% sure it's female.

Only the old leaves still show browning at the edges. I'm think I should have gone with a pot that was wide rather than deep. The lower part of the pot is still wet after the leaves start drooping with dehydration making me worry about root rot. At least the marigolds like it. The wet looking branch on the lower left is the one getting the colloidal silver twice a day.

fs06.jpg

Chainsaw massacre got moved out of the grow (now flower) room and under some less bright lights. All the leaves stopped curling and new growth is a little lighter. Thinking about relocating it to my front porch. Not like anyone is going to recognize what it is, and I could let it flower and self it without worrying about the pollen hitting my other plants.

csm02.jpg

Day 36 for Supafreak and ABC as well as Chainsaw Massacre above. Supafreak is doing well, though it's got no pistils yet. It was the only regular seed of the bunch. ABC is still a little droopy after getting up potted. I have a fan blowing directly on the pot to help it dry a little faster.

sf04.jpg

abc01.jpg

Day 96 for freak show. Switching to 12/12 it's started stretching a bit already. Still not 100% sure it's female.

Only the old leaves still show browning at the edges. I'm think I should have gone with a pot that was wide rather than deep. The lower part of the pot is still wet after the leaves start drooping with dehydration making me worry about root rot. At least the marigolds like it. The wet looking branch on the lower left is the one getting the colloidal silver twice a day.

View attachment 306389
I have put my felt pots on racks I use for cooling cookies sometimes. It gets them up out of the drip tray and allows for some air circulation at the bottom of the pot. The bottom of the pot still stays wetter than the rest of the pot but I think it helps a bit.

Edited because I bake cookies on cookie sheets and cool them on cooling racks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back