Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to zoom in to show the micro buds, but they are there. Still waiting for the ones I'm spraying to start making pollen sacks.

abc04.jpg

Spent the last couple of hours looking at leaves through a magnifier. There was one (I think) thrip on the blooming CSM plant, so all the plants got another shot of soap spray. I looked at about 50 leaves on the ABC plant before giving up the search. Not that I'm taking chances, but if thrips manage to multiply on the CSM plant, it will be interesting to find out how resistant the ABC plant is.

The CSM plant also got heavily pruned. I took maybe half the large fan leaves to give the buds more light and reduce the area I need to scan for thrips. It still looks like a shaggy dog. Might have to prune more.

Spent most of last night in the shop scanning leaves for thrips. I didn't expect to find any, but needed a break from the insanity going on in the house. This time I scanned almost the entire ABC plant, and found no thrips and no thrip-looking leaf damage. The CSM plant had some thrip damage I didn't see the last time, but I didn't find any thrips on any leaves damaged or not.

No thrip damage on either of the freak show plants in veg, and none on the CSM and ABC plants I'm selfing. The one CSM clone I kept has lots of thrip damage from before, but its 20 or so leaves were all thrip free. I'm feeling more confident I was able to stop them completely before they got out of control. Glad I only have a few plants to protect this time.

The soap spray I used made some of the leaves curl like they have too much nitrogen. Or maybe I managed to overfeed the vegging plants. Wouldn't be the first time : ) They all get tap water for the rest of the week. That and some spinosad spray just for added caution. I also dusted the pots with DE under the assumption the thrips were in the soil I reused from other pots that might have been outside. I had rinsed the reused soil, but maybe not enough.

Just looking for opinions... This is a Sunset Sherbet Auto my friend is growing. She has more plants, but this one is having some trouble. At first glance I think it needs more light and some cal-mag. I would also remove the yellow leaves and clean up the lower branches. I don't know what she feeds them or how much light they get.

ssa01.jpg

Here are the two freak show plants I'm supposed to be moving to my mother's house, but haven't had the chance. I have the light dimmed some, so they are stretching a lot more than that first one. I tried some added nutes a couple of weeks ago and got a lot of tip burn on the back one. So for now they just get water.

fs001.jpg

Pretty stretchy for sure. Probably more light would help but the stretch is probably done at this point. I would also remove some leaves from the interior to promote more airflow.

Here are the two freak show plants I'm supposed to be moving to my mother's house, but haven't had the chance. I have the light dimmed some, so they are stretching a lot more than that first one. I tried some added nutes a couple of weeks ago and got a lot of tip burn on the back one. So for now they just get water.

View attachment 310415
All 3 of mine have nute burn. I have been giving them more than nutes than I normally would but I was hoping to encourage faster growth(nope!). I think I overshot my goal…

Update on the ABC plant. The little bit of stretching it did when I flipped it seems to have stopped. The buds have filled out a little, but not as much as I was hoping.

abc05.jpg

abc06.jpg

Update on the ABC plant. The little bit of stretching it did when I flipped it seems to have stopped. The buds have filled out a little, but not as much as I was hoping.

View attachment 310417
View attachment 310418
Looks like one of my neighbors plants he has goin in the backyard. All his buds are tiny but I don’t think his are due to genetics(well, maybe his genetics-he is a dimwit)…

What I have seen of ABC, those look about par for the course…

All 3 of mine have nute burn. I have been giving them more than nutes than I normally would but I was hoping to encourage faster growth(nope!). I think I overshot my goal…
Yeah, they don't seem to grow any faster with extra light or nutes. It sure is easy to burn them, though.

Looks like one of my neighbors plants he has goin in the backyard. All his buds are tiny but I don’t think his are due to genetics(well, maybe his genetics-he is a dimwit)…

What I have seen of ABC, those look about par for the course…
I dunno, I might be a dimwit as well. That would explain a lot : )

Here is the poor CSM clone I'm selfing. It has only been about a week since I flipped it, and it's already showing pollen sacks. The ABC plant I'm doing the same with hasn't started flowering yet.

csm03.jpg

csm05.jpg

Finally, update on the house plant, I mean CSM plant. I'm keeping some of the lower side branches so I have something to pollinate that won't slow down the harvest. I figure I'll just cut them off and dig out the seeds after they dry.

csm02.jpg

csm04.jpg

Chainsaw Massacre is filling out some, but not as much as I would like. Leaves are showing some deficiencies. I have been using about half the nutes I used in previous grows with feedings happening only once a week. Going to switch back to twice a week feedings, but with a little lower nute concentration.

csm06.jpg

csm07.jpg

ABC is looking better as well. I will have all the popcorn buds I care to trim on harvest day, I'm sure. Its clone is under a black bucket and showing some pollen sacks finally. Should have plenty of seeds for anyone who wants them. Personally, with a limit of four plants in my state, this thing is pretty but a huge waste of time.

abc07.jpg

abc08.jpg

Latest posts

Back