Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chop day for the chainsaw massacre. Still waiting for the drawers to dry, so I had to find something else to do : )

I did move the selfed ABC clone into the flower room with its mother plant. They seem to like each other... Hopefully, I will get some pollination without having to work too hard collecting pollen. I will save whatever is there, of course, but so far it has been pretty light.

csm19.jpg

csm20.jpg

csm21.jpg

csm22.jpg

Chop day for the chainsaw massacre. Still waiting for the drawers to dry, so I had to find something else to do : )

I did move the selfed ABC clone into the flower room with its mother plant. They seem to like each other... Hopefully, I will get some pollination without having to work too hard collecting pollen. I will save whatever is there, of course, but so far it has been pretty light.

View attachment 312166

View attachment 312167

View attachment 312168

View attachment 312169
Nice crash 🥰

Finally got a tiny amount of pollen from the selfed CSM clone. I haven't chopped the plant yet, so I'm sure I will get more, but I did manage to get a little over 0.1ml. That's enough for lots of seeds. I'm going to flip the CSM clone as soon as the ABC and pollinating clone are out of the flower room.

csm23.jpg

Here are the other four plants I was supposed to take to my mother's house and never did. The two freak shows are as thick and bushy as the first one. My plan now is to make clones from one of the freak show plants, assuming one of them is female, and grow them in the DWC to see how big they can get. The CSM clone in the back is re-vegging for some reason. I don't know when it tried to flower, but probably after I potted it and put it under the 18/6 grow lights instead of the 24/0 shop light. The ABC clone is still fine, though.

csm24.jpg

I was digging through my box of seeds to find some for a fellow grower tonight, and noticed the bag of seeds I'm calling freak-bomb were covered with some fuzzy mold of some kind. I cleaned them off with some Agrowlyte and water which took care of it. If I sprout any of these am I going to get a pre-infected plant? Will they even still sprout??

I was digging through my box of seeds to find some for a fellow grower tonight, and noticed the bag of seeds I'm calling freak-bomb were covered with some fuzzy mold of some kind. I cleaned them off with some Agrowlyte and water which took care of it. If I sprout any of these am I going to get a pre-infected plant? Will they even still sprout??
I think as long as the outside shell is still hard, if they germinate they will be fine. May not germinate tho

I discovered I'm only getting pollen from the pollen sacks that fall off when I brush them with a small acid brush. I collect those into my screen and stir them around for a couple of minutes. That gives me the purest pollen. Then I stick all the loose pollen sacks into the food dehydrator for a couple of hours at 110 deg F, and repeat the process which produces about double the pollen but with some added plant mater I can't screen out.

I have lots of CSM pollen now, but the ABC pollen sacks aren't producing much even with the improved method above. What little I'm getting immediately gets put on the ABC flowering plant. It still has mostly clear trichomes, and no amber, so I think I have plenty of time to pollinate more of it.

The thing is full of buds, just not very big buds. There's nothing on it resembling sugar leaves, so it might end up being easy to trim each bud, but there are so many of them...

abc12.jpg

Don't know what's happening with this house, I mean CSM, plant. It's a clone from the one I just harvested, and I'm hoping to pollinate some or all of the buds as soon as my ABC plant is done. I'm waiting to avoid cross pollination, but this one is already trying to flower under 18/6 lighting. I must have caused it by cloning it under 24/7 lighting before moving it to brighter lights at 18/6.

I only care about getting seeds from it without wondering if it was CSM or ABC pollen. I just might hang a light in my attic for the short term. Not ideal temperatures, but good enough for growing seeds probably.

csm25.jpg

csm26.jpg

Hi Crash, the one time that I reversed a female to gather pollen, as soon as the sacs started to open I cut off the stems that had pollen sacs and placed them upside down in a brown paper bag, then folded the top closed. I left them there to dry, then crushed them against my trim bin screen to obtain the pollen. Like you, I didn't get a huge amount, but I cut it with flour and had enough to completely pollinate the seed mother, with some left over to freeze. I did a 1:4 ratio of pollen to flour, but I've heard that others do a 1:10 or even 1:100 ratio and it apparently still works at that diluted concentration. Lovely Freaks, by the way! 😍

Hi Crash, the one time that I reversed a female to gather pollen, as soon as the sacs started to open I cut off the stems that had pollen sacs and placed them upside down in a brown paper bag, then folded the top closed. I left them there to dry, then crushed them against my trim bin screen to obtain the pollen. Like you, I didn't get a huge amount, but I cut it with flour and had enough to completely pollinate the seed mother, with some left over to freeze. I did a 1:4 ratio of pollen to flour, but I've heard that others do a 1:10 or even 1:100 ratio and it apparently still works at that diluted concentration. Lovely Freaks, by the way! 😍
I hadn't read about using flower to cut the pollen. I will try that with my last set of pollen sacks from the ABC plant. The flowering mother plant is hopefully already making some seeds from the trace amounts I used on it.

I ended up with a ton of CSM pollen just drying and crushing the pollen sacks in the screen. I doubt I will use very much on the clone I want to pollinate. Maybe I'll use some on the freakshow plant to see what happens : )

The flour is to both extend the amount of pollen and to keep it dehydrated, I think. I took some regular baking flour and spread it on some parchment paper and cooked it in the oven @ 200F for 35 minutes. I'm assuming this is to drive off any moisture, or maybe it's to get rid of anything hanging out in the flour, who knows? I then added it to the pollen before spreading it on the buds, and got a substantial number of seeds (hundreds!) so I know that it works well. I believe some folks use those silica gel desiccant balls, but I was afraid that the pollen would stick to them. If you have pollen left over, definitely freeze it for another time :)

No sure How did you reverse a female to get a male?
OK now the joke

Was it a Trans Plant?

Latest posts

Back