Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One happy mamma plant. Probably thought I would never flip her. I gave her some more pollen today. I forgot what I was doing and stuck her back in the flower room with the fans on. Probably just pollinated the whole plant instead of just the lower branches. Wish I had a grand-kid I could talk into picking out all the seeds for me...

csma02.jpg

I know everyone else is growing lots of plants, but I have to concentrate on my few : )

So more post mortem/chop info. The thing had been growing for months. I got a little over 2 ounces, or more precisely, not much. And I got 89 mostly immature seeds.

View attachment 315100 View attachment 315101

So 9 weeks in flower and at least 6 in veg, and here's what was in the pot...

View attachment 315102

I know I lack experience, but that's by far the smallest root ball I've seen on any of the plants I grew to harvest. They do look healthy, but I'm thinking the plant must have died of starvation.

I took some cuttings from the mother plant and set them to root. I'll put 2 in the DWC, another in a pot with em-1 which I'll reverse at some point to pollinate branches on the DWC plants.

View attachment 315104

One or two more I want to try grafting on to a plant with better roots. It will be my first attempt at grafting. Have to pick out a suitable host, err root stock. I'll grow that from a seed, and take cuttings at some point to form the root stock and then graft the scion cut from the mother plant. I read a recent study where they grafted the scion to a cutting and cloned the whole mess in one step. Not sure I'm ready for that, though.
I just so happened to watch a YouTube video today where the guy was talking about how fabric pots don’t produce much of a root ball.
Roots in a plastic pot hit the wall, turn, grow along the wall, turn, and eventually develop that big root ball.
The roots in a fabric pot grow until they air trim, never turning and growing.
Since switching to fabric pots, I also have been under impressed with the root balls, but I guess it’s normal.

One happy mamma plant. Probably thought I would never flip her. I gave her some more pollen today. I forgot what I was doing and stuck her back in the flower room with the fans on. Probably just pollinated the whole plant instead of just the lower branches. Wish I had a grand-kid I could talk into picking out all the seeds for me...

View attachment 315288

shes purdy

Finally killed off the last of the Early Miss bud. I had one jar left I was saving for a gift, but it was moldy when I pulled it out. I'm sure they will be just as happy with THC Bomb, but now I have to grow another Early Miss plant. I still have 5 seeds left.

This time I'll make some seeds. Crop King now wants $11 a seed which is way too much for yields under 200g.

I think my shop is getting too cold at night. I know it hits 58 occasionally, probably tonight. Both plants out there have soft-ish leaves and some yellowing. Maybe I'm just watering too much in the cooler temps? There's a 4x4 grow tent in the garage, though, so I expect to have a warmer room/tent on Christmas...

The auto in the back was supposed to go to a new home last week, but it looks like I'm keeping it now. I have some feminized auto pollen, so it's going to be another seed party...

abca11.jpg

cm03.jpg

Little seed packs everywhere, even buds I didn't want to pollinate <sigh>. The trichomes make them hard to photograph, though.

csma03.jpg

csma04.jpg

Still a happy mamma plant. Not a yellow leaf on it. Most/all of my grows have always started to show deficiencies before now. I'm almost afraid to water it and risk screwing it up. It's due for a trimming at least, though. It seems to be growing new fan leaves as fast as I can remove them.

csma05.jpg

I took a cutting from my apple sapling today. I'm planning to use it as host to lots of grafted mutant cannabis strains. If I succeed, it will end up in the BOM contest for October/Halloween : )

View attachment 315759
I don’t think I have ever seen a strain/strandivar with ‘Apple’ in it. I know it won’t pick up the apple flavor(maybe it might) but this is an interesting chimera ‘speriment…

I don’t think I have ever seen a strain/strandivar with ‘Apple’ in it. I know it won’t pick up the apple flavor(maybe it might) but this is an interesting chimera ‘speriment…
It would be cool if it changed the taste, but probably not. I'm mostly interested in "storing" various strains without exceeding my four plant limit.

It would be cool if it changed the taste, but probably not. I'm mostly interested in "storing" various strains without exceeding my four plant limit.
I’ve seen pictures of fruit trees with multiple fruits growing on them so it is an ‘outside the box’ idea to try this. My chair has been pulled up to your thread anyway but maybe I will pull up an Ottoman too…

I’ve seen pictures of fruit trees with multiple fruits growing on them so it is an ‘outside the box’ idea to try this. My chair has been pulled up to your thread anyway but maybe I will pull up an Ottoman too…
Ha, well I hope I don't disappoint everyone. I was initially going to buy something from a nursery, but one look at the prices made me starting thinking about what I had growing in my own yard. I also have those Christmas trees.. Lots of places on those to attempt grafts.

Latest posts

Back