Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's finally over. I have no idea how long it was in flower, but it was starting to feel like forever. It's also the clone of a clone of a clone. I have one cutting that may or may not root. If it does, I'll reverse it and collect some pollen, but I don't want to grow another CSM plant for a while.

This is just a rough trim. I'll clean it up when I start clipping branches. It has to be the stickiest, stinkiest plant I've grown yet. I got a headache trimming it last night and had to quit half way through, then my wife told me to shower immediately or get out. I ordered a couple of disposable chemical suits for the next harvest.

I saw plenty of what look like seeds. No dehydrator this time. I think @oldfogey8 is right, and I have been killing the seeds with it. Pollen too for that mater. The cannabis gods are punishing me for my dehydrator heresy : )

View attachment 318056

i bet it stinks to high heaven in there

It's almost that bad, but I won't be wearing the hood :rolleyes: I also don't expect anyone to see me : )

71YPZkFaG6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My approach grafting plans are getting close to execution - hopefully executing the grafts and not the poor plants I'm experimenting on! I could connect the first pair now, but I want to wait until the stems are just a little thicker. It's getting difficult to tell them apart, though.

gr30.jpg

gr31.jpg

I just came in from smoking the first of the CSM bud I harvested recently, so read the following at your own risk. I'm super stoned : )

I bought a book on breeding cannabis, and another on breeding vegetables. The vegetable one is actually a little better, just without the data on strains. Whatever, it didn't take long to figure out I'm doing everything wrong. I moved the freaks, the aliens and even the ABC mother plant into the flower room, anything that wasn't nailed down. I have a small tent in the attic for the males when they show themselves. I just need a little pollen from each. I already have more bud than I can give away.

I also need to find a better root base for grafting. I'm getting better, but that male Freak Show doesn't work well with young plants because of the woody stems on pretty much every branch all the way to the tip. It makes it really difficult to wrap the tape with just the right tension to make contact and not crush the scion. So far I've killed three of three THC Bomb scions. The marigolds would have been perfect, but they're growing too slow.

I need to be able to graft a ton of seedlings to something and not worry about having half of them fail. I'm thinking I could use some Virginia Creeper vines from our yard. They grow absurdly fast, and are pretty much indestructible. The root base feeding them must be massive.

I didn't find one seed in the whole CSM harvest. All I got from the CSM was some bud and hopefully one clone. Now I have to start some regular seeds or buy more feminized ones. No more drying males or pollinated females in the dehydrator. It was so much faster, though : ) Have to pack these up this weekend. RH is suddenly dropping like a stone.

csmb20.jpg

The two Supafreaks made it out of their seeds. I thought one of them was going to die early on, but it pulled through. I don't know why they're called super, they're growing even slower than the Freak Shows. Oh, and I learned there is a Pineapple Freak from the same breeding stock but produced by a different breeder. I looked for some seeds, but the few I found were too expensive for my tastes.

sfreak01.jpg

My approach grafting plans are getting close to execution - hopefully executing the grafts and not the poor plants I'm experimenting on! I could connect the first pair now, but I want to wait until the stems are just a little thicker. It's getting difficult to tell them apart, though.

View attachment 318139
View attachment 318140
Somehow, I can just invision you deep in the bowels of a dark castle, cackling manically to yourself, waiting for the next lightning storm to bring life to your latest creation.....

Latest posts

Back