Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@CrashMagnet , Thank you so much for listening to me at times. It means much to me to be heard. So weird, I love my family, but they do not listen, they tend to overrun me with their own agendas.

I also enjoy your narrative.

Last edited:
I tried to start 25 of the second bag of Freak Bomb (or potentially Neighbor's Plant - Bomb) seeds. Three of them actually started, so not all of them were cooked to death in the degydrator : ) I added 25 more from the first bag. Maybe I'll get a couple more.

I tried to start 25 of the second bag of Freak Bomb (or potentially Neighbor's Plant - Bomb) seeds. Three of them actually started, so not all of them were cooked to death in the degydrator : ) I added 25 more from the first bag. Maybe I'll get a couple more.
My neighbors all have ‘Neighbors plant X Freakshow’ plants. My FS boy had a lot of love to give. I feel kind of bad but some of my neighbors are kinda dickheads so oh well…

Grr, the PH of my tap water changed back to the summer range of 7.0 to 7.5. It had dropped to a near constant 6.2 in the fall and after that I got lazy about checking it. So now leaves on almost every plant are showing signs of PH problems. I should have known not to trust city water. I wonder if that's why my last batch of clones all failed to root.

Grr, the PH of my tap water changed back to the summer range of 7.0 to 7.5. It had dropped to a near constant 6.2 in the fall and after that I got lazy about checking it. So now leaves on almost every plant are showing signs of PH problems. I should have known not to trust city water. I wonder if that's why my last batch of clones all failed to root.
My brother was having problems with his plants(spotting typical of Cal Mag deficiency). He is new to the growing game so I told him to check the pH of his tap water. 8.2… 🥸

Not much to do when everything is in veg. Have to do something to stay entertained. Don't know why I would find this more entertaining than working on any of a dozen different projects I've started and almost finished.

I was actually wondering if that door flexed enough to let in light during the day (it does). I wasn't expecting to get 25 five minute videos of this guy. Now I want to setup the camera to watch him catch something.

I don't know what I did to cause it, but run off on these two yesterday morning was PH 4.8 and 4.9. The leaves were curled up and the tips pointing down like nitrogen burn, which I guess it was. I flushed each with a few gallons of PH 6.5 water and ended up with a tent full of water, because I'm really that stupid sometimes : )

This pic is from this afternoon. As bad as they look now, the leaves are looking a lot better than they were yesterday. The little unnamed auto in the back is having as hard life...

wtf01.jpg

The two Freakshows have been in the flower room for a week. I still don't have a confirmed female, though the top of one of them is looking like a male. These plants are so weird, though, I'm not ready to call it : ) The two Supafreaks are in the flower room as well, but are still too small to show sex.

fsb003.jpg

fsb004.jpg

fsb005.jpg

Moving from freaks to aliens. I don't know what to think about this one. It's like it's recovering from a stroke or something. The "top" of the main plant is growing sideways and most of the leaves are curling in a spiral around it. The MG soil is a bit hot for it with the leaf tips turning down, but that can't be responsible for the rest.

alien03.jpg

alien04.jpg

alien05.jpg

alien06.jpg

Not much to do when everything is in veg. Have to do something to stay entertained. Don't know why I would find this more entertaining than working on any of a dozen different projects I've started and almost finished.

I was actually wondering if that door flexed enough to let in light during the day (it does). I wasn't expecting to get 25 five minute videos of this guy. Now I want to setup the camera to watch him catch something.

View attachment 318990
Burn the house down and move at least one state away.

I broke down and ordered some regular Chainsaw Massacre seeds from whitewidow.rocks. I only have a couple of feminized seeds left, and my one poor cutting is looking iffy for growing roots. Of course, I'm buying them with "free" bits, so couldn't resist all sorts of other seeds I have no space or time to grow : )

Going to start one feminized CSM just in case the cutting doesn't root, and one Skull Candy Auto which they claim can flower for 7-12 weeks. Not sure where I'll put either of them, though.

Haven't had much luck with grafting in this low humidity weather, but I have work to do and need an excuse for procrastinating.

First attempt at an approach graft. Terrible angle for a pic, but that's two clones grafted together on the left. The graft is basically an inch of outer layer scraped off both stems and taped together.

The larger clones are tied togethe, but not yet grafted. They are growing so fast I might cull the two little ones before I try to graft them, so this attempt is mostly just practice.

gr032.jpg

ABC to THC Bomb graft. This is at least my third attempt at this. I need to setup a better environment with high RH in the tent instead of using these bags to hold moisture in. Maybe I'll get lucky, though.

gr033.jpg

It's such a weird plant, I hate to end it like this. Not sure I want to try breeding for this "trait", though. It has to make the plant weaker. Anyone think I should collect pollen from it? It's not the only male either. Two of three aliens, and both freak shows are males. I think that's 8 males in a row on freak show.

alien07.jpg

It's such a weird plant, I hate to end it like this. Not sure I want to try breeding for this "trait", though. It has to make the plant weaker. Anyone think I should collect pollen from it? It's not the only male either. Two of three aliens, and both freak shows are males. I think that's 8 males in a row on freak show.

View attachment 319329
Go to Vegas, play roulette and put all your money on 🚹

Better news in the grow tent. The two I somehow over fed are recovering nicely. The ABC graft on the THC Bomb is looking good still, though it's impossible to get a good pic of it.

gt01.jpg

The ABC graft on the male freak show is starting to put on new limbs as well. That took longer than I expected. Probably not the best two plants to pair up.
Not sure I'll keep it.

gr034.jpg

Best news yet is two of my four F1 Freak Bomb seedlings are looking like freaks. That will make the leaf shape dominant. Something a beginner like me might be able to do something with. I guess I should wait until they are in veg to get excited...

fb01.jpg
fb02.jpg

Ignore my babble. Just trying to keep track of what I'm doing...

Trying to get the plant count back under 10. More chaotic times ahead...

After culling the male freaks and aliens I'm down to 12, only three more to go. Then I remembered the two seeds in the seedling tray and the one CSM cutting I took when I chopped its mother. They are all growing/rooting, so now I have 15.

Going to get rid of the male freak with the graft. It has proven to be a pretty poor root base, so time to move on.

The four freak bombs can be grafted to the female alien as soon as they are big enough. Probably be ready in another week. That puts the count at 10.

Then there is an auto, I think Caramelicious x GDP, that's a couple or three weeks from harvest. Might end up harvesting a little early so the agent of chaos sees it...

Also have the ABC mother clone of a clone of a clone in the flower room that isn't flowering yet. Maybe get rid of that as well. I know someone who might want it, and it's not like I need the bud. Hmm, I like that idea. Maybe give away a couple more as well.

Latest posts

Back