Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm betting/hoping your brother is confused. A sib cross is pretty unlikely to produce something that different. And if it did, that leaf pattern would be for sale all over the web by now. It's way more likely it's from two or more strains crossed. The triple lemon could be the source, or potentially the BSHW (assuming sandy is derived from sur) being the source of the freakshow pheno.

But hedging my bet, I'm going to order some Mimosa seeds as well : )
I looked thru my seeds just now. I have 12 of the Mimosa seeds I made. If I was allowed to share on this site, they would be going out to you and @Flower tomorrow…😁

I looked thru my seeds just now. I have 12 of the Mimosa seeds I made. If I was allowed to share on this site, they would be going out to you and @Flower tomorrow…😁
Yeah, that’s a shame that you can’t share, because I would sure like to see that happen 😉.

I forget who was talking about the lack of regular seeds being available, but I am unable to find Mimosa or it's two sources, Purple Punch and Clementine, in anything but feminized seeds. So apparently, there's only 12 regular Mimosa seeds left on the planet : )

I forget who was talking about the lack of regular seeds being available, but I am unable to find Mimosa or it's two sources, Purple Punch and Clementine, in anything but feminized seeds. So apparently, there's only 12 regular Mimosa seeds left on the planet : )
Maybe I need to ‘Noah’s Ark’ some…

I started seeing brown spots on pretty much all my plants. Nothing like the pink mango, but still pretty annoying. Runoff PH everywhere was always between 5.9 and 6.3, so it couldn't be PH. I started adding GH cal-mag to the regular water schedule, 10 ml per gallon! And the brown spots have stopped showing up on new leaves.

I have been mixing MG and coco 50/50 to stop the nute burn on vegging plants, but I guess that caused a (probably) magnesium deficiency. Going to try just added epsom salt on a few plants to get the nute cost back down.

The pink mango isn't happy anywhere I put it, but it's at least out of the light in the big tent. I keep threatening to stick it outside, but we have a couple of freeze days coming up, and I don't have a box tall enough to cover it!

View attachment 322493

The big tent is full of plants again. I have CSM, THC Bomb (with ABC graft), ABC clones approach grafted together, 4 Big Sandy Holy Weed seedlings, 3 more THC Bomb clones, a Supafreak and a clone (gifted the other), Jelly Butter clone, Triple Grape X Triple Lemon, ABC x Freakshow, and the ugly pink mango auto. I also have a couple of mimosa X triple lemon seedlings hanging out with the veggies. The flower room just has an ABC around week 6, a male supafreak on week one after revegging, and an animal cookies auto seedling. I guess I'm slightly over my 4 plant limit : )

View attachment 322495

The CSM in the back left corner is looking a lot happier since I got up the nerve to remove all its giant leaves. I didn't like my prospects for clone cuttings, so I'm giving it another week or two before taking any.

The mimosa X triple lemon seedlings look normal, but @oldfogey8 mentioned his brother's plants took a long time to develop the serrated leaf pattern. The ABC fem I just started is already looking like another freak show, so I guess I don't have any female seeds after all.

View attachment 322496
7D51744F-F1C0-452F-8961-DF076A120428.png

I have had good luck with this stuff
when I have had problem plants in the past.
I mix up a gallon, adjust ph, then feed the plant only this until it straightens up.
Once it looks good again, I go back to normal feed schedule.

View attachment 322553
I have had good luck with this stuff
when I have had problem plants in the past.
I mix up a gallon, adjust ph, then feed the plant only this until it straightens up.
Once it looks good again, I go back to normal feed schedule.

I'll give it a try, thanks. The pink mango at least could use some coming back. I've been close to tossing it several times.

I'll give it a try, thanks. The pink mango at least could use some coming back. I've been close to tossing it several times.
I happened to see some on the shelf at the local Meijers, and thought what the heck, I will give it a try. I believe it worked. Your Pink Mango is definitely a good candidate to try it on.

Nice set up crash. Getting ready to be crowded here too. Trying to explain to Mr Subbie that whole seedling tray is necessary because I don’t know if they are boys or girls. I guess I did maybe get a little carried away… if they are all girls,I’m in real trouble but do have homes for them just in case cause it’s the season coming up for all my outside growing peeps.
108DEA19-7870-4E64-AEAD-5E614A90C765.jpeg

I love a plant that keeps putting out big leaves.
When you look under the canopy it's actually a pretty small plant. If I wasn't waiting for it to make some clone worthy branches I would be tempted to just let it do its lettuce head imitation, maybe stick it outdoors in June once the inch worm dropping sycamore tree is gone.

When you look under the canopy it's actually a pretty small plant. If I wasn't waiting for it to make some clone worthy branches I would be tempted to just let it do its lettuce head imitation, maybe stick it outdoors in June once the inch worm dropping sycamore tree is gone.
I always hate removing the big leaves. I have a box of them all flattened out for some reason. I do remove them tho after I remind myself I’m growing them for the buds 😂

I've got several work trips to Europe scheduled between now and the end of July, plus a vacation to Barbados. My wife is also getting knee replacement the end of April, so she won't be watering plants while I'm away.

I know it's early but I put out my tomatoes and Okra today. Tomatoes I can move into the garage if we get a frost warning (and I'm home). The okra are in the raised garden and are on their own.

I'm also gifting a couple of plants I don't need for my various breeding and grafting projects. And tomorrow I'll be setting up the auto watering stuff and hopefully get it tuned before I have to leave.

I got out of those work trips last year, but this time I'm stuck <sigh>

Spent most of yesterday potting veggies and weed, and reorganizing the shop. Never got a chance to setup the auto watering stuff. Maybe this weekend. I move all the larger plants into the flower room including the rusty Pink Mango, and most of the up-potted younger plants got a space in the veg tent.

1679919578753.png

1679919554343.png

The Pink Mango is a mess, but it's trichomes are starting to turn amber. I might get to chop it before I leave for Germany.
1679919719365.png

The CSM and others not involved in the pheno hunt are hanging out with the flowers for now.

1679919891933.png

Don't know why, but the CSM perked up after I took it out of the tent. This is 12 hours later.

1679919964756.png

Might as well show the cloner too. No safe sex here. I learned the giant marigolds root in under two days, and started several this way. The plant with the peg is a CSM cutting. The only one worth trying that wasn't a giant branch. I just need one to reverse and pollinate the mother.

1679920110698.png

And the strange seedlings I thought were from feminized ABC seeds. The mother must have gotten pollen from both ABC and Freakshow, since the ABC leaf pattern is recessive and shouldn't be showing up in a first gen cross.

1679920178352.png

All the veggies I put out yesterday, tomatoes, peppers, okra, radish and some not so healthy lettuce and spinach. There's a two year old apple sapling in the background sitting in the sun. Have to decide what else to grow this year...

1679920930744.png

1679920951223.png

The pepper seedlings I put out over the weekend were covered with tiger moth eggs when I got home from work today. I hit them with Spinosad and an hour later I couldn't find the eggs even with a magnifier. I'm thinking/hoping it dissolved them completely!

I also discovered I screwed up my flower room by hooking the A/C to the exhaust vent without leaving it on constant fan. RH is 74% right now, and the light doesn't come on for 3 hours.

I also don't have a carbon filter on the A/C yet. Doesn't seem to be an inline filter around to connect between the exhaust hose and the wall. I tried using a 5 gallon bucket last year with the filter inside, but I didn't insulate all the extra ducting which ended up making the room even hotter.

With six plants in the flower room I'm going to have to figure something out soon, or my neighbor (and his kids) are going to be smelling my grow room exhaust.

Latest posts

Back