Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here is my revegged male back in flower (the little female looks kind of nervous in there). All the pollen sacs seem to be forming already open. Is that normal? Maybe those "open" sacs are really multiple sacs that just haven't filled up?

1680125388855.png

1680125410863.png

Chopped the Pink Mango Auto today. The yield was maybe an ounce, lot of work for not much return. I used the bowl trimmer and just cut the rusty leaf parts off before tossing them in the trimmer. It still took close to an hour to get everything done and then clean up.

I dug out around 50 seeds that (I hope) were from some GDPA pollen I used in early flower. I didn't get them all, so the ones getting dried right now in the dehydrator will make a decent comparison to see if the dehydrator hurts them. The trimmer did okay and only sliced a few seeds. Most stayed on the buds, but about half of the ones in the bowl had been sliced.

Going out now to swap the vegging plants in the 4X4 tent with the flowering plants in the flower room. It was a good arrangement in the winter, but now I have an AC in the flower room with an unfiltered exhaust less than 6' from my neighbor's yard. Adding a filter would be somewhat complicated, more work than swapping the plants.

I have an ABC plant ready for chopping, but it's full of seeds. It has to be from the GDPA pollen I used on the Pink Mango Auto. I knew I screwed up sticking that plant back in the flower room right after dusting it. I did try some old feminized ABC pollen on the ABC plant early in flower, but didn't think it took. I'll have to pop a couple to see what I really got.

The Supafreak male is intent on pollinating the world. When I open that tent, even with all the fans off, there's a dust storm of freak pollen. I got 10g of pollen just shaking it over a plastic sheet, but I think I'm going to chop it tonight and collect the rest in a more controlled environment. The flower tent is 2 feet away and probably every plant in there is already pregnant with little freak seeds : ) I did spray them down before I opened the freak tent. Maybe that was enough.

When I got home last night I found the cabinet I keep nutes in on the floor. The whole back of the cabinet had failed and ripped out leaving the mounts intact. It was full of heavy dishes in the kitchen for years before we replaced it and I decided to use it for nutes. Not sure what made it fail. Only minimal damage to the stuff on table under it. A few jugs leaked a little, but none burst. The weird thing is I hung from the cabinet the day I mounted it to make sure it was safe, and I know I weight a lot more than what I stored in it.

So the ABC is chopped, but not trimmed. It died suddenly the same as the last one I grew. One day it looked healthy and the next all the leaves were brown and curled in. Makes wet trimming a chore, so I will dry it first and use the dry trim wire on the bowl trimmer. Maybe it won't slice any seeds that way. I have one more ABC plant in the flower tent, the large double clone plant. It will be interesting to see if it dies the same way the last two did once they were finished flowering.

Also chopped the mail Supafreak. I sprayed all the flowering plants down, shut off all the fans and the AC, then opened the tent and moved it to a more remote location to work on it. I got another 8g of pollen just catching what fell off when I clipped the branches and removed the leaves. The pollen sacs are still on the branches in a large brown envelope drying so I can get more pollen, like I need any more. On a whim I stuck one of the branches without any pollen sacs left in the cloner, no idea why.

Here's the spider damage... after I cleaned up the mess. I was going to just fix it and hang it back up, but while goofing off at work I found a couple of shelves I like that go from the tent to the corner. They won't be a nice looking as the cabinet, but they will hold a lot more crap : )

1680818902947.png

1680818932440.png

Moving slow with all the food. Most I could do was take a couple of pics. Here's the CSM mother clone and her two offspring. As soon as the kids get a little bigger they go in the flower tent, with one getting reversed. I'm thinking I like the mother clone too much to flip her anytime soon. Maybe this fall... or next spring. Wonder how big it will grow indoors, and if I will run out of ceiling space.

1681075945506.png

Here are all the flower tent plants.

The big ABC plant isn't going to get pollinated this time. The first two I grew died pretty suddenly not long after most of the seeds matured. I'm wondering if there is a connection. I'm reversing the two little clones in the front, so I can collect some pollen for female seeds, but I probably won't use it for a while. I know they can't stay where they are when they start flowering, but I have time to figure out the logistics.

The Supafreak in the back is stretching up and out since I flipped it. The biggest buds are actually on the sides of the thing. I guess a screen wouldn't be much use with these. The little Supafreak clone in the middle is getting flipped at the same time, mostly because it's in the way.

Front left is a Jelly Butter clone I was gifted. It's drooping because I let the pot dry too much. I'm going to have to break down and up pot the thing. I'm headed to Germany next Friday for 10 days, and my wife is worried she will let something die. Leaving it in the 1 gallon plastic pot would be stacking the odds against her : )

Front right is the THC Bomb mother clone. I needed room for the pheno hunt for @oldfogey8 's shark toothed plant, so decided I could alway use more bud. I have two more of its clones almost as tall, but not yet filled out as much, and three more little clones I will use for female seeds and crosses.

1681077030231.png

Grr, cold temps last night killed a couple of okra plants. The coffee plant is still kicking, but it's got some "freezer burned" leaves. Tomatoes were already toast due to early blight (just like last year), so I'm starting all new ones from different packs. I was close to putting out the two autos last weekend. Now I'm glad I didn't. They will go out before Friday no mater what, though. I have too many plants inside for my wife to worry about when I'm in Germany.

Stuck in Germany until the 22nd. My wife is tending my plants. She says they need water every day which worries me she is over watering them, but I'm afraid to question her opinion. It was a lot to ask her to limp out there every day while she's waiting for knee surgery. The plants can handle it : )

No weed here as far as I can tell. I'm working every waking moment anyway, trying to avoid a return trip next month. Probably, that's impossible. We're upgrading a test facility here, and the previous caretaker left the place a mess. The first several days we were basically just replacing things like broken wires held together with scotch tape... At least the beer is good.

I'm back, though it looks like I have to go again next month. One can only wire so fast around 30 years of dust and grease build up, not to mention broken hardware and incomplete software. Still working my way through all the threads I missed. This place gets busy in the spring!

I came home to a jungle, a mix of overgrowth and dead leaves. There were a ton of these giant leaves blocking the light to the lower parts of the plants.

1682261970028.png

My wife went through 45 gallons of pre-mixed cal-mag water in 9 days, and still more than half the plants were suffering from dehydration. She was watering them all every day, just not enough. I didn't tell her that, though. I owe her big time for all the work she put in to keep my plants alive, and she doesn't even smoke. She may start next week after knee replacement surgery. I suspect I will be paying her back all through recovery.

I should have taken pics of the jungle before hacking through it, but I didn't think of it in time. I ended up with a trash bag full of leaves and small branches. I moved all four of the BSHW plants into the small tent and flipped them. I'll try to get any males out in time, but I want some pollen and some seeds. I plan to take some branches just before the pollen sacs start to open, then toss the rest. If things go awry, I'll end up with a thousand seeds, oh well.

The main flower tent looked like some four legged creatures had pushed their way through the jungle. Two plants were main lined at soil level. I was too tired last night to do any repairs, just gave them a ton of water and zipped the tent back up. I'm sure they will be fine. One of the BSHW plants I the grow room had its top chewed on. I just snipped off the top 6 inches and stuck it in the flower tent with the others. With luck it will be the one and only male : )

There are three young THC Bomb clones I may have to cull. I'm trying to find them a good home now. The two supafreak clones are in the same boat, but I don't think anyone wants them. I may grow them outside all summer, and chop them before they flower. It could be interesting to see how big they get when planted in the ground.

I'm back, though it looks like I have to go again next month. One can only wire so fast around 30 years of dust and grease build up, not to mention broken hardware and incomplete software. Still working my way through all the threads I missed. This place gets busy in the spring!

I came home to a jungle, a mix of overgrowth and dead leaves. There were a ton of these giant leaves blocking the light to the lower parts of the plants.

View attachment 325719

My wife went through 45 gallons of pre-mixed cal-mag water in 9 days, and still more than half the plants were suffering from dehydration. She was watering them all every day, just not enough. I didn't tell her that, though. I owe her big time for all the work she put in to keep my plants alive, and she doesn't even smoke. She may start next week after knee replacement surgery. I suspect I will be paying her back all through recovery.

I should have taken pics of the jungle before hacking through it, but I didn't think of it in time. I ended up with a trash bag full of leaves and small branches. I moved all four of the BSHW plants into the small tent and flipped them. I'll try to get any males out in time, but I want some pollen and some seeds. I plan to take some branches just before the pollen sacs start to open, then toss the rest. If things go awry, I'll end up with a thousand seeds, oh well.

The main flower tent looked like some four legged creatures had pushed their way through the jungle. Two plants were main lined at soil level. I was too tired last night to do any repairs, just gave them a ton of water and zipped the tent back up. I'm sure they will be fine. One of the BSHW plants I the grow room had its top chewed on. I just snipped off the top 6 inches and stuck it in the flower tent with the others. With luck it will be the one and only male : )

There are three young THC Bomb clones I may have to cull. I'm trying to find them a good home now. The two supafreak clones are in the same boat, but I don't think anyone wants them. I may grow them outside all summer, and chop them before they flower. It could be interesting to see how big they get when planted in the ground.
Gee wiz crash, I never knew you had such small hands 🤪

Here's the flower tent on the 14th and again today after I did some clean up and defoliation.

1682290940113.png

1682290949922.png

The ABC graft to the THC Bomb is flowering as well.

1682291118752.png

Latest posts

Back