creating a bushy mother

hippy59

Reaction score
I am bored with the way I been growing. I have a great stockpile all jarred up and about 8-10 weeks till this last grow old style is completed. decided to give SOG a try for fun. my plan is to grow about 32 plants from clones under an 8 bulb t5. yes I have 600 and 1k hps and MH but I don't want to go that route just yet. I actually got better yields with the floro with less plants then more plants under even the 1K. but that's a different story.

I started 10 reg KUSH over a month ago, flipped them and now have 6 (yes actually shocked me to but yes, 6 ) girls. 5 are the same height and 1 is shorter. I flipped them back to veg lighting ( yes I know the risks ), and will give them a week to readjust.

the question is how best to top, fim or flim them to get her as bushy as possible to achieve my 36? obviously I will need more then the 36 but can get rid of any extras easily.

I have 3 t5 8 bulb fixtuers, 1 600 and 1 1K at my disposal and plan on getting whatever size cloner I feel is necessary after many days of discussions on this and other forums. hopefully I will get help from tjhose that actually do grow from clones in my new style. LOL.

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
This is a girl I topped a couple of times. See anything weird about her anybody? This is a test... not really, she is partially bred. woo hoo.View attachment 008.jpg

hippy59

Reaction score
that's kinda what I am talking about but I want a lot bushier. and I cant grow outside. yet. lol. did or do you top each branch? or just fim? how old is she? and just a warning to ya I WILL be coming to your state soon to see my big steel girl floating on the water. hoping like **** they let me go down into the #2 fire room. LOL. like I said I have 6 nice young girls right now but gonna weed a few out. if I cant get them as bushy as I need I can alays grow 2 mothers but would rather not.

vostok

Reaction score
Bushy! comes with time, each time you take a clone, in most situations 2 buds will grow back for each one you take, after a year of this, bushiness is the most worrisome aspect of this, as it creates a poor ventilation in the plant and can encourage molds, most growers I know don't keep mothers past 18 months for this very reason

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
I don't know exactly how old she is. She has only been in that pot a week or two. So I would say she is 8 weeks from seed. I don't know how much more she will grow, I haven't done her od before.

I keep moms and always regret it.

hippy59

Reaction score
that makes sense actually. I was considering taking clones to a point were I could take one and turn her into the next mother. maybe have basically 3 mothers but only 2 I can use and one brand new. its all about learning your girls habits and working with them. right now I wwant bushy.

fredreed120

Reaction score
I started already they just started flowering 3 weeks ago. Do u know how I can get bigger buds

hippy59

Reaction score
I don't really do outside grows but best I can suggest is make sure she is fed right. hopefully someone else will chim in soon.

hippy59

Reaction score
are they in a greenhouse? I would think stable temps would help. we are about to get into some chilly weather in the next few weeks. unless your right along the lakes.

hippy59

Reaction score
I didn't think about the killer frost. lol. I live so close to thhe lake tho that our killer frost leaves several inchs of snow. the lake help keep it away.

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
I put my plants out in may and i am hoping mine will finish by the October 10th. My point is it just takes time for a plant to mature. If you are 3 weeks into flower you should have added some bat guano..0-11-2 or something similar for bloom. Did you say you could finish them indoors? Maybe you should start your own thread in outdoor growing.

Latest posts