crystals on plant...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondewannabe33

blonde mentality is alive
Reaction score
I may be a little confused, i'm not sure, but is there anything you can do with the crystals that form on the plant? Am i right in that they are pure thc?:farm: :grinch:

the crystals on your plant also known as trichomes, or resin glands are used to make all sorts of bubble hash and hash oil. you can do almost anything with the crystals off of your plants as well as make some crude 'keef'- which is essentially the crystals off of leaves (hints 'keef') and more often the crystals off of grinded bud gathered from the bottom of ones grinder after a hard days work :)

but unfortunantly nothing on a bud plant is 100% pure thc. although the highest concentrations of thc, yes, will be found in the crystals and hairs. good luck on the smokin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIOIHnFUckQ

I found this a lil while ago. I think it's some great info on how to get the most out of your crop. You can do this with just your foliage, or actually do it with your buds. Some of those Afgani breeds that are named a "Hash plant" have a bunch of crystals "tricromes" all over it. And are great for making hash. ob1 up there hit it right on the nose. Hash will be around 25-30% THC. You also have your other cannaboids like CBD that control the high you get almost as much as THC. But, I have never heard of keef? Hey OB, can you tell us a lil about it? I think you call keef what others call finger hash. Your talking about the blackish hash like when you manicure your buds right? The stuff left on your scissors and fingers?

yea some good info on there. keef is its own world. although nothing touches scissor hash. keef isnt as popular because not everyone has the means to collect it.

there are grinders that have a keef screen. and what it is, is as you grind your bud the powdery mixture (mostly crystals) gathered by that constant grinding falls through that screen into a second layer of the grinder. after some time has gone by and some bags ground up, you can open that part of the grinder and gather a cool couple bowls of pure light green powder. this is keef.

you can get it at the clubs here in california. although it is somewhat pricy for only half a gram. but it is pure heaven when you take that puff. such sweet green taste. its like taking the greens on a bowl only times 10. and it definetely gets you a kind high going.

the best keef comes from the grinder. other ways of making it are with sets of screens where you take your excess dried foliage, break it up a little bit, not much. and lightly slide hand fulls across a screen getting as little green as possible always.

then that handfull made, put onto a smaller screen and so on. leaving you with some crude, lower quality keef- but still a good way to use every part of the plant. i would much rather some crude keef than a bowl of dried leaves :)

look online for some grinders with keef screens though- there not to pricy, and worth it when your running low on smoke and you know you have a farelly potent treasure building up
peace

Latest posts

Back