curing in mylar bags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpas48

Reaction score
Having way over done it, crop wise, (30 survivors, some plants over 8 feet +), rather than curing in way too many jars, etc., is there anything wrong with curing in open mylar bags.
I have washed and air-dried the cuttings in dark room w/dehumidifier. & fan. Once bud stem breaks, I would:

1. Leave the buds in open mylar bags in a bin with a hygrometer and a tight lid for darkness
2. Remove lid once a day for burping
3. Check humidity
4. Once group humidity reaches 63 - 64, zip up bag for storage.
What could go wrong?

Yeah I use big poly bags with hygrometer inside when they are still big plants then I cut the bud nuggets and place them in big size ziplock bags place the ziplock bags each in a second food grade bag not necessarily sealable just to prevent "freezer burn" and then i place them in the freezer. The results IME are great, buds are as fresh as new for well over a year there. If you are going to store at room temperature, I would jar them and IMO it is a waste to not store them in a cooler or freezer if they are to last you for more than a year. At some point, you will notice a significant drop in potency.

...actually, you will need to jar them airtight even in a fridge since they would dry up and lose terps. Only freezing can preserve everything. I read a research done a while back, I think the loss in a freezer was 3 or 5% per year and in a fridge it was like double that.

Having way over done it, crop wise, (30 survivors, some plants over 8 feet +), rather than curing in way too many jars, etc., is there anything wrong with curing in open mylar bags.
I have washed and air-dried the cuttings in dark room w/dehumidifier. & fan. Once bud stem breaks, I would:

1. Leave the buds in open mylar bags in a bin with a hygrometer and a tight lid for darkness
2. Remove lid once a day for burping
3. Check humidity
4. Once group humidity reaches 63 - 64, zip up bag for storage.
What could go wrong?
One of the big boys on here cures in plastic tubs...like big rubbermaid ones. Good enough for bigsur51, good enough for the rest of us.

One of the big boys on here cures in plastic tubs...like big rubbermaid ones. Good enough for bigsur51, good enough for the rest of us.
👍That's exactly the idea I had, a plastic tote with a rubber seal around the top. I don't see why this wouldn't work, airtight is airtight. Throw a 10 pack of humidity packs in there with them and I think it'd be good to go.

I forgot to add that these plastic totes are really easy to find, a lot of people use them for camping to keep their food sealed and clothes dry.

totes and turkey bags are your friend

i once had to do some business in Denver back in the day with Curbside Service and we went into the industrial zone and into a huge warehouse , like 500,000 sq ft

we went into one of the storage rooms , about 30 x 50 with 20foot ceilings

the dam room was filled with 5 gal buckets stacked 15’ feet high , half the room

so yeah , they were storing/curing in those buckets

also been discussed here

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/anyone-cure-in-5-gal-buckets.77075/

a few days work

0D49E74F-A578-4099-BB1B-954449EE92B2.jpeg

Latest posts

Back