Curing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B.K.41

Reaction score
what I've been doing is trimming when its still wet but leave the bud still on the branches then hang up side down in the dark.

Thats correct, you need to remove the live link in your sig.

yep and in the dark temps best @ 70f with air movement...then I like to trim the buds off into a brown paper bag...let go for a week stiring the buds daily..then into mason jar and opened twice a day for as long as it takes:giggle: but useually only lasts here a few days...

and yes Kill the Live link..last person ya want to hear from is Hick

take care and be safe

I have gone to hanging fresh from cut and pulling the leaves off after dried. This helps to slowly dry it out as it's hanging which imho gives a better taste in the end. I also go straight from stem to jar, no paper bag...just my way and not that 4u's way is wrong.

Personal preference though, do what works best for you!

B.K.41 said:
what I've been doing is trimming when its still wet but leave the bud still on the branches then hang up side down in the dark.

This is just drying, once there dry, not bone dry, I cure them in jars.
I burb jars until the remaing moisture is gone and there is no way for mold to form then I leave them sealed.

Give that a month or 2 and the smoke is smooth and tasty.

I trim - hang - jar - burb

Then I use the trimmed sugar leaves for bubble hash.

If it don't bubble, it ain't with the trouble :bong:

I just found a jar full of bud, thats been sealed up and lost for 6 years. Wanna see?

Hick said:
I just found a jar full of bud, thats been sealed up and lost for 6 years. Wanna see?

I do I do, actually i wanna taste.

I think it may have lost 'some' of it's pungent flavor, but still pretty dang tasty, and just as potent as I remember it.

DSC00037.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

Hick said:
I think it may have lost 'some' of it's pungent flavor, but still pretty dang tasty, and just as potent as I remember it.

Lol! I wish I could find something like that :( especially right now since I have nothing to smoke lol.

Mountain209man said:
quite frosty hick:) is it bone dry??

not as you would expect. dry yes, but still ..'spongy' a good texture considering..:)
doesn't crumble to dust or such. Still have to 'break it up' to roll.

i guess u have a better stash after six years than most folks have at this time of yearl. i envy

I've had some bud in an air tight jar for 4 months at least and after burping the jar every time I remembered(if not daily 3-4 times a week)the bud still feels moist/sticky to touch.I rolled one up and it was pretty smooth and potent but I'm worried about smoking it again.Any suggestions?

homer2811 said:
I've had some bud in an air tight jar for 4 months at least and after burping the jar every time I remembered(if not daily 3-4 times a week)the bud still feels moist/sticky to touch.I rolled one up and it was pretty smooth and potent but I'm worried about smoking it again.Any suggestions?

Why? Smoke it!

homer2811 said:

Why would you worry?? Unless it has a very foul odor, or visible mold, it should be just well cured and smoke fine.

Latest posts

Back