Curing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Hey folks!

Coming close to curing! I’m a doofus and accidentally got 8-gram two way humidity packs. If I use two or three of those packs in a large mason jar containing an ounce of weed, should that be alright?

What RH are the packs rated for? I use Boveda 62’s for long term storage but I think they have changed the way they work since I bought mine years ago. I think they are now 2 way(or maybe they have always been that way and I was not aware of it). The 62’s keep my buds at 62% for years. I just take a bud out when I want to smoke it and it dries out to better smokable RH(if the ambient RH is lower than 62)., like 55-60.

When I do Curls I start with about 50lbs and slowly work up to about 90lbs after 2-3 weeks. I stay at 90 if it feels good or sometimes pump it up to 115lbs

What RH are the packs rated for? I use Boveda 62’s for long term storage but I think they have changed the way they work since I bought mine years ago. I think they are now 2 way(or maybe they have always been that way and I was not aware of it). The 62’s keep my buds at 62% for years. I just take a bud out when I want to smoke it and it dries out to better smokable RH(if the ambient RH is lower than 62)., like 55-60.
They are 62’s. They claim to be good for 1 oz, but just want to make sure. Thanks!

@LilDad Never had a need to use them. I've heard from lots of folks that they impart a taste that is undesirable. Is there a reason that you're set on using them? A standard dry/cure/store has always worked just fine for me!

@LilDad Never had a need to use them. I've heard from lots of folks that they impart a taste that is undesirable. Is there a reason that you're set on using them? A standard dry/cure/store has always worked just fine for me!
Truthfully, I’m not set on using them as I’ve never harvested my own marijuana before. I figured they were $10, and there were enough folks who recommended them on teh interwebs.

This bud has been curing for 8 months. No idea what the jar RH is, but the bud is absolutely pristine. Perfect joint rolling moistness.
20220720_082014.jpg

I use Boveda packs because I don’t smoke enough to use what I grow. I still have some from sometime in 2019. I dry and cure before I put the packs in my mason jars. I cure until the RH is about 60%. I do not get a taste that I would be able to ID as any different from cannabis. As I recall, when I bought my Boveda pack, the literature did not say the were ‘2 way’ as in adding moisture to drier herb or removing RH from moister herb. They may have changed their tech but again, as I recall, the packs contained distilled water and some medium to hold the distilled water. Some packs have dried out and are hard at this point which I assume indicates that the water has been transferred from the pack to the buds. Maybe that is bad. I don’t know. I see there is a new product out there called Grove Bags that are supposed to maintain RH but I have not tried them so I can’t vouch for their effectiveness.

I use Boveda packs because I don’t smoke enough to use what I grow. I still have some from sometime in 2019. I dry and cure before I put the packs in my mason jars. I cure until the RH is about 60%. I do not get a taste that I would be able to ID as any different from cannabis. As I recall, when I bought my Boveda pack, the literature did not say the were ‘2 way’ as in adding moisture to drier herb or removing RH from moister herb. They may have changed their tech but again, as I recall, the packs contained distilled water and some medium to hold the distilled water. Some packs have dried out and are hard at this point which I assume indicates that the water has been transferred from the pack to the buds. Maybe that is bad. I don’t know. I see there is a new product out there called Grove Bags that are supposed to maintain RH but I have not tried them so I can’t vouch for their effectiveness.
Your dried out packs can be rehydrated

Your dried out packs can be rehydrated
I have a bunch vac sealed in a mason jar. Probably not worth rehydrating what has dried out. They use the same tech for guitar storage as well. I have my Taylor 12 string stored with Dadarrio packs. Thing stays in tune for more than a year if I leave the case closed up and don’t play it(which happens a lot- the 12 string is tough on my arthritic fingers)…

I also use boveda 62% packs, found they work great keeping my stored flowers for ages...I ordered the grove bags and will gladly report on how they work once I give them a spin around the block...

I used them for my first grow
Truthfully, I’m not set on using them as I’ve never harvested my own marijuana before. I figured they were $10, and there were enough folks who recommended them on teh interwebs.
I use a hydro meter in the jar now instead but have some jars from my first grow reading is about the same in both so I think as long as you don’t over dry and cure properly, you don’t need them. Just my opinion tho

Latest posts

Back