Curious everyones opinion on size before..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I agree with that. I still don't think the spectrum of lighting was helping me, but you all have much more experience with this all than I do.

So let's sort this problem out like a good ol' fashion forum :D

I spoke with Hush a few days ago privately, and we came to the conclusion that I must be putting my nutes in too high of PH, after the medium had started to build up in PH. Not too hot, as I water properly as far as how often I feed, I do know this...but if the PH of my run off would read, say, 7.5 then that's obviously too high. I always have my nutes hitting 5.8 (I calibrate my Bluelab pen once a month) and just pour in at 5.8. Being in soilless I try to adhere to the hydro rules because well.. that's what I've always read around about how to feed soilless. So if I'm going in at 5.8 every time, there's no telling what it's equalling out to in my medium.. unless I measure and check the runoff from a "water only" day. So I think my PH in my medium must be messed up, as I just put it in at 5.8 and forget it. I never do a mid run flush, I never check my run off. (I know, these are probably bad practices) Also, I have a lot of fungus gnats (fruit flies) that I can't seem to get rid of. Heard lots of ways to fix them, like DE on top, and water from bottom. I still have yet to try and sort that out. Could use a little (proper) direction I suppose.

Well there it is, all laid out. A hydro guy messing up because he's a bum, it seems is what's going on here.

......I threw my hands up last night and said "Screw this, I'm going organic! If I can't go back to Hydro then I should do soil PROPERLY!"

Thoughts thoughts?? Please all, save me from myself! lol

I'm going to my Hydro shop today.. they have everything you can think of (basically)...

So let's get listing some things I should be purchasing today. I'll be leaving in the next hour, so I really hope some of you are checking this :)

(Thanks again Multi!!)

Thanks Multi.. not looking for magic, but as I stated, I have a bad Fungus Gnat problem, among the other things I mentioned.

So I figured maybe you'd have some thoughts on something to get for that. DE turns to concrete, I heard, if you get it wet..so I've been tentative. I imagine I could get some of that, and deep catch trays.. and start feeding/watering from the bottom only?

I'm not looking for any magic anything my friend :) Maybe some magic advice?

Also, roughly how long until I see if mixing it in at mid 6's either helps / hurts / does nothing? I'm sure that's a subjective question, but I'll take a subjective answer :)

Any specifics on application of nematodes and Dolomite Lime? I'm entirely unfamiliar with each of these.

Latest posts

Back