Curling leaves ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindphriend

El petardo fumado
Reaction score
Take a look at these pics and let me know if I got a problem. I´m an idiot and fertilized my plants early cause of course it´s my first REAL attempt at growing and I thought I knew everything.....well after reading some stuff on here I found out that I should fertilize until week 3 or 4. So now i´m worried and every little thing I see i´m worried. I want my babies to be okay and grow normally. Anyways, the leaves seem to be curled. Now I don´t know if it´s from the ferts or if that is normally how they grow when they are new. There is a tiny tiny bit of yellow on the tips of two leaves, but you really can´t even notice it. Also, there is almost no seperation of the nodes....is this good? I thought the leaves would be fanning out by now, but they are sort of curled up check it out and let me know what I should do (maybe it´s just relax) Thanx

CIMG0582.JPG

CIMG0581.JPG

CIMG0580.JPG

CIMG0584.JPG

CIMG0583.JPG

kindphriend said:
Take a look at these pics and let me know if I got a problem. I´m an idiot and fertilized my plants early cause of course it´s my first REAL attempt at growing and I thought I knew everything.....well after reading some stuff on here I found out that I should fertilize until week 3 or 4. So now i´m worried and every little thing I see i´m worried. I want my babies to be okay and grow normally. Anyways, the leaves seem to be curled. Now I don´t know if it´s from the ferts or if that is normally how they grow when they are new. There is a tiny tiny bit of yellow on the tips of two leaves, but you really can´t even notice it. Also, there is almost no seperation of the nodes....is this good? I thought the leaves would be fanning out by now, but they are sort of curled up check it out and let me know what I should do (maybe it´s just relax) Thanx
Whats up mang. ;) What kind of lighting? How close is it? What are the temps like in your grow room? How often are you watering? Yes you want the nodes tight like that.

Okay.....I got a 400HPS about 18-20 inches away, temps are about 80-86, little to no humidity, and i´m watering about every two days....I got little pots (about 1/8 liter??) so I usually stick my finger in and if there is no moisture, I water. Usually about every day and a half/two days I water. I think the temps are a little high cause I got the light low. Let me know what you think and thanx for the response!! *kindphriend*

To be honest, I don´t check it. I give them bottled mineral water and the other day it rained and i gathered some and gave ´em a drink this morning with it. So it sounds like I do have a curling problem..........???????????

Aha. I had something similar to that once and it was due to pH fluctuation. I was using test strips at the time and for the life of me I never could get an accurate read on it. Anyways, you NEED to check your pH. You pH controls what nutrients are available to the plant. With the pH fluctuation the curling will get worse and you will also start to see deficiencies.

thanx for the help DL! To be honest with you, i messed up (first serious grow attempt) and gave a weak dose of ferts the first or second watering. then it was two of the mineral and another fert...i thought the plants loved it...they responed well! But recently I have been reading and realized that was REALLY STUPID! So now the past three times I have given them mineral water and this morning drenched em with rainwater.

So I gotta check the ph of the water everytime I water....sounds reasonable. What should the ph be around and how do I neutralize the ph if there is excess acidity or base content in the water? Thanx again for the help!

6.5 - 6.8 you want for soil I think... Does this diagnosis sound on track to everyone else?

Make sure you check the PH. In our journal we never checked it once. Shooting at things you can't see sucks. We experienced some sort of nute lockup cause of this we think. To this day still haven't checked PH.

Latest posts

Back