Curling top leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inisdad1

Reaction score
Hello People,

A few of my plants have curling leaves. They look super healthy except for this. Everything that I have read points to nitrogen excess, but I only fed them a couple of times. Any thoughts, maybe heat. I am temping it right now just to make sure.

Thanks

I have a rule-of-thumb......if the leaves on the bottom of the plant is having issues....it's a nutrient problem. If it's the leaves on top of the plant.....it's usually lighting issues.

It's not a perfect rule....but is most often correct.

What are you feeding them? How much? How old are they? What are they planted in? What are your temps? What is your ventilation set up?

We really need way more information to be able to even hazard a guess as to what is wrong. Also a picture is worth a thousand words. You can describe until you are blue in the face and still not give as good a description as one picture does.

Thanks for the responses!

My plants are on week 8 from seed. With roots original soil for the medium. I am using a 1000w with a six inch inline along with a carbon filter. I need to get a better thermometer but the one I have says its 71 just above the canopy. Then I have an oscilating fan.

For food I am using GH Flora series (3 part ) I have been very conservative with it, usually doing a half to 3/4.

sorry I tried to upload my pics and it did not show, also tried copy but I had a feeling it would not work

need to resize the pics I think.

what is the PH of the water?

Ben

I find that I generally need to add Cal-Mag when using GH 3 part. I do really like the GH flora series, but generally see deficiencies unless I add it during flower. If you are using GH, I doubt that you have too much N.

Some plants like and need more nutrients than others. I generally boost the nutes until I see a tad of nute burn on the tips of the leaves and then back off a little. Sounds like your temps, soil, light, ventilation are all good.

Posting pictures: Go to where it says "Go Advanced" if it appears under reply box. Then go to "Manage Attachments". You upload your pics that way. Be sure and tell the computer to upload the pic after you have posted the source of the pic.

The claw.... overnute or to much N among other elements.

Back off the feed for a while.

Yeah I would agree that it looks like the beginnings of overnute. I have found that it depends on the strain and on which chemical is in abundance as to which "overnute" symptoms you see. I suspect that the soil you are using, in combination with the Flora is putting something over the top. I would stop feeding it for about a week and give only water adjusted to 6.5 and see how it does. If it continues to get worse then you will need to fflush the soil with straight water to remove the excess chems. Then start over with the Fflora nutes. Get you a TDS and a pH meter. While in veg only feed them 450ppm to begin at first feeding, then bump up ~100ppm each week until you see a little leaf tip burn or until you get to about 700-800ppm. Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back