Current Favorite Strandiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big fan of the Zkittlez. The two I grew (autos) were stellar. Ain't tried the Cindy 99,but I hear it's pretty darned good.

my favorite is a pineapple pheno that was dubbed McFly…..i grew a few rooms of it at the dispensary and one would think they were in a Doles pineapple factory when opening the door of that room

but yeah , i love the c99 and its friends like apollo 11 and 13 and Genius and Princess…….super fast finisher , some phenos less than 60 days flowering

my favorite is a pineapple pheno that was dubbed McFly…..i grew a few rooms of it at the dispensary and one would think they were in a Doles pineapple factory when opening the door of that room

but yeah , i love the c99 and its friends like apollo 11 and 13 and Genius and Princess…….super fast finisher , some phenos less than 60 days flowering
You made my mouth water 😂😂

McFly in all her glory...
McFly.JPG

All these names Big ,I am so old I remember when it was just called pot ....

All these names Big ,I am so old I remember when it was just called pot ....
I struggle with this. I go to the seed sites to see what I might be interested in growing, and I get lost in the names 💯

Imagine if they'd let us do our thing without persecution all along.. We'd still have a wide variety to choose from and experiment with, but we'd have those pure classics to grow and enjoy in plenty.

all one really has to remember is that 99% of every strain today came from a cross of Skunk #1 x Northern Lights #1

what we are witnessing today is the bottlenecking of cannabis genetics

not good

that is a big reason why a lot of pollen chuckers work with landrace strandivars

we took the pollen from 5 ecsd x ogers kush and open pollinated a half dozen females to try and keep some genetic diversity in the lines

next season we plan on another open pollination using multiple males and some old pollen of some original jamaican lambsbread and a few other island flavors so hopefully we will,have a ton of jamaican fresh seed stock to spread around

View attachment 315541
I am currently running Gelato for the first time as well. I kind of think it’s an ugly plant to grow. Small fans, and I don’t care for the structure. I have seen several on here speak highly of it. I have had one in 12/12 since 9/30/22, so I should know where it falls on our list in the near future.
I'm running Gelatti which is related Gelato, and you're right PITA plant. I hate the growth and small yield but the bud it does produce is really nice.

I’m still a relatively inexperienced smoker, so I like this thread for ideas. I assume knowing the seedbank and strandiver are both important, but I see a few that I‘ll add to my bucket list.

I’ve primarily purchased my indica seeds from Nirvana , so I’ve not had much diversity in my growing. I’ve grown 12 of their strains and my top 3 were Blue Dream, Sour Diesel and Original Glue. I recently discovered that harvest timing is just as important. I prefer the racy and “edgy” feeling before the amber shows up.

I’m very excited to try my current growing strains since they’re sourced from other seed banks. (DNA Crew Godfather OG, Seedsman LA Peyote Kush, Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy). All were chosen for their high THC content. Maybe a new favorite will emerge.

I'm running Gelatti which is related Gelato, and you're right PITA plant. I hate the growth and small yield but the bud it does produce is really nice.
Just got to smoke the Gelato for the first time yesterday. The wife and I both really like it, and agree that the flavor and smoothness are similar to Purple Ghost Candy.
I too, am disappointed with the yield, but don’t want to judge too harshly, because the plant hit a bump or two in the road during her travel.

we are digging the Muy Azul

this one checks all the boxes

taste , smell , high , stone , looks , legs , and smooth

Santa Cruz Bluedream x Blue Moonshine Goat and Monkey Seeds

Blue Dream, a sativa-dominant hybrid originating in California, has achieved legendary status among West Coast strains.

Crossing a Blueberry indica with the sativa Haze, Blue Dream balances full-body relaxation with gentle cerebral invigoration. Novice and veteran consumers alike enjoy the level effects of Blue Dream, which ease you gently into a calm euphoria.

Some Blue Dream phenotypes express a more indica-like look and feel, but the sativa-leaning variety remains most prevalent.

With a sweet berry aroma redolent of its Blueberry parent, Blue Dream delivers swift symptom relief without heavy sedative effects.

This makes Blue Dream a popular daytime medicine for patients treating pain, depression, nausea, and other ailments requiring a high THC strain.

Genetics: Blueberry x Super Silver Haze
THC Content: 22-24%
Flowering Time: 9-10 weeks

Blue Moonshine is a mostly indica variety from DJ Short and can be cultivated indoors(where the plants will need a flowering time of ±53 days). DJ Shorts Blue Moonshine is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.

DJ Shorts Blue Moonshine Description​

Logo DJ Short The "Blue" version of the "White" family (White Widow, etc). A super potent blueberry Indica, coated with a strong concentration of tall standing trichomes. Produces a very narcotic experience - body high blueberry. Short, stout kush plants that produce dense, tight, rock hard nuggets of trichome coated bud. A true "hash plant".

Flowering: 7 - 8 weeks
Yield: Above Average

237EEFF0-8530-419E-8EDB-CB8207F6B336.jpeg

91012E62-3784-4D37-9509-F2C279AA176A.jpeg

184CD0FF-BEFF-4F4C-9C4B-C9DF138820F5.jpeg

Blue Dream, a sativa-dominant hybrid originating in California, has achieved legendary status among West Coast strains.

Crossing a Blueberry indica with the sativa Haze, Blue Dream balances full-body relaxation with gentle cerebral invigoration. Novice and veteran consumers alike enjoy the level effects of Blue Dream, which ease you gently into a calm euphoria.

Some Blue Dream phenotypes express a more indica-like look and feel, but the sativa-leaning variety remains most prevalent.

With a sweet berry aroma redolent of its Blueberry parent, Blue Dream delivers swift symptom relief without heavy sedative effects.

This makes Blue Dream a popular daytime medicine for patients treating pain, depression, nausea, and other ailments requiring a high THC strain.

Blue Moonshine is a mostly indica variety from DJ Short and can be cultivated indoors(where the plants will need a flowering time of ±53 days). DJ Shorts Blue Moonshine is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.

Logo DJ Short The "Blue" version of the "White" family (White Widow, etc). A super potent blueberry Indica, coated with a strong concentration of tall standing trichomes. Produces a very narcotic experience - body high blueberry. Short, stout kush plants that produce dense, tight, rock hard nuggets of trichome coated bud. A true "hash plant".

View attachment 316599

View attachment 316601

View attachment 316602
She sure is purdy.

all one really has to remember is that 99% of every strain today came from a cross of Skunk #1 x Northern Lights #1

what we are witnessing today is the bottlenecking of cannabis genetics

not good

that is a big reason why a lot of pollen chuckers work with landrace strandivars

we took the pollen from 5 ecsd x ogers kush and open pollinated a half dozen females to try and keep some genetic diversity in the lines

next season we plan on another open pollination using multiple males and some old pollen of some original jamaican lambsbread and a few other island flavors so hopefully we will,have a ton of jamaican fresh seed stock to spread around
Where did Northern Lights come from?

Where did Northern Lights come from?

depends on who one asks

here is one story

Northern Lights is without a doubt one of the most famous cannabis varieties of all time. But where exactly did this iconic strain come from, and who is responsible for breeding it? Unfortunately, the answers to these questions are far from easy to answer.

Like with many cannabis strains, the exact history behind Northern Lights is shrouded in mystery. Cannabis folklore has it that the original Northern Lights first sprouted from Afghani landrace seeds grown on an island near Seattle, Washington.

The seeds were apparently grown by a man known simply as “The Indian.” He grew a total of 11 plants which he named Northern Lights #1-11. The Indian was rumored to be working with true Afghani landrace indicas, and kept close tabs on the progress of each of his plants and how they compared in size, harvest size, and even effects.

Come harvest time, The Indian was left with 2 plants that clearly outshone the others; Northern Lights #5 and #1. The plants were big and bushy, and produced heavy buds that were completely covered in sticky resin.

Cannabis folklore says that The Indian’s work was eventually discovered by Nevil Schoenmakers on one of his trips to the US in the 1970s/early 1980s. Nevil was rumored to have brought back female clones of some of the plants to The Netherlands, where he was already experimenting with breeding genetics from all across the world.

Back in The Netherlands, Nevil immediately began experimenting with his new genetics. Eventually, a variety of new Northern Lights hit the market via The Seed Bank in roughly 1985.

One of the best-selling Northern Lights strains brought out by Nevil and his seedbank was Northern Lights #1, which was marketed as a pure Aghani inbred indica, while some of the other varieties were cross bred with a Thai Sativa. Today, most Northern Lights varieties found on the market are sold as crosses between an Afghani Indica and a Thai Sativa.

Almost immediately after hitting the public market, Northern lights began reeling in cannabis cups titles from across the globe.

depends on who one asks

here is one story

Northern Lights is without a doubt one of the most famous cannabis varieties of all time. But where exactly did this iconic strain come from, and who is responsible for breeding it? Unfortunately, the answers to these questions are far from easy to answer.

Like with many cannabis strains, the exact history behind Northern Lights is shrouded in mystery. Cannabis folklore has it that the original Northern Lights first sprouted from Afghani landrace seeds grown on an island near Seattle, Washington.

The seeds were apparently grown by a man known simply as “The Indian.” He grew a total of 11 plants which he named Northern Lights #1-11. The Indian was rumored to be working with true Afghani landrace indicas, and kept close tabs on the progress of each of his plants and how they compared in size, harvest size, and even effects.

Come harvest time, The Indian was left with 2 plants that clearly outshone the others; Northern Lights #5 and #1. The plants were big and bushy, and produced heavy buds that were completely covered in sticky resin.

Cannabis folklore says that The Indian’s work was eventually discovered by Nevil Schoenmakers on one of his trips to the US in the 1970s/early 1980s. Nevil was rumored to have brought back female clones of some of the plants to The Netherlands, where he was already experimenting with breeding genetics from all across the world.

Back in The Netherlands, Nevil immediately began experimenting with his new genetics. Eventually, a variety of new Northern Lights hit the market via The Seed Bank in roughly 1985.

One of the best-selling Northern Lights strains brought out by Nevil and his seedbank was Northern Lights #1, which was marketed as a pure Aghani inbred indica, while some of the other varieties were cross bred with a Thai Sativa. Today, most Northern Lights varieties found on the market are sold as crosses between an Afghani Indica and a Thai Sativa.

Almost immediately after hitting the public market, Northern lights began reeling in cannabis cups titles from across the globe.
You need to do a TV special(maybe an after school special like they had in the 70’s) about cannabis history. Bigs Big Chronic-cals Hempstory. I find history fascinating…

View attachment 316599

View attachment 316601

View attachment 316602

Very nice.

Latest posts

Back