Current photos of some tricombs....Ready to Harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reesche

Reaction score
Hi you guys.... Attached are some current photos of some of my Tricombs.....Types: Tangerine Dream, Tangie, Blue Cheese, (3) Girl Scout Cookies.

Qusetion: is it time to stop fertilizing and flush them for several days before harvesting them?

What I have noticed: Really stinky, tricombs are getting larger and the red shoots inside the tricombs are now starting to bust through the clear containers. More amber tricombs. The plants seem to have stopped growing. Branches are sagging from the weight of the buds.

So the next step (when it is time) is to ...
1. Stop Fertilizing with the bloom food.
2. Flush them with regular water..... For how long? 2 to 4 days?
3. Cut the plants off. Trim the larger fan leafs off.
4. Hang them upside down in a completely dark room with a fan blowing (but not on them). How long for this process?
5. Trim them and put the buds into glass jars.

Let me know what you guys think....

Reesche

Attachments

• May172020-7.jpg
    May172020-7.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 42
  • May172020-1.jpg
    May172020-1.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 40
  • May172020-2.jpg
    May172020-2.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 41
  • May172020-3.jpg
    May172020-3.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 42
  • May172020-4.jpg
    May172020-4.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 39
  • May172020-5.jpg
    May172020-5.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 39
  • May172020-6.jpg
    May172020-6.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 40
fantastic photos---love me a sagging branch---can't help with the feeding or flush---i don't flush---i don't cut fan leaves until the day of harvest while the plant is still standing upright---nor do i reduce lighting before the harvest---cool indirect fresh even airflow is perfect---dry time will depend on the relative humidity in the room---i take mine off the line dry when flower is dry to the touch and stem still pliable---not quite at the snapping stems stage---do a final trim for hash material and you have manicured flower in the jar for burping

Can "anyone" tell me what the clear tricombs with the "RED" lines inside them are? Some of them seemed to have flowed out the top of the tricombs, like it was a volcano erupting. Its has been fun to see them mature.

Can anyone else give me their opinions on whether to harvest or not? See attached photos....

Thanks again!
Reesche

you're almost there---i would harvest those sativa dominant hybrids when you see 3/4 amber trichs in the middle of the plant

Thanks for the response Orange!

I'm just concerned (for my effort) that I pull them when I can get a" more energetic high" instead of a couch potato high.

The microscope photography is new as of this batch. Just trying to interupet this crop correctly.

Again...can you tell me what the clear tricombs with the "RED" lines inside them are? Some of them seemed to have flowed out the top of the tricombs, like it was a volcano erupting. I still have no answer of what those are.

Thanks for your input!
Reesche

It is time to stop with the fertilizer now. If you are in hydro (coco, rockwool, soilless, etc.) its time to flush, in any case I would give them just water from now on until you harvest and I would say after 5 - 7 days of plain water I would cut them down. If your room is 55-65% humidity and the temps can be kept at around 65* f. you should take about 7 to 10 days to dry for the best flavor.

OK....St Nick.......NO Soilless, Rockwool,Coco.....Just Dirt. I will give them water only for the next week (7 days).

Cut them down. Let them hang for 1 week to 10 days...

No light while hanging. Just air (not on them)

Glass jar them up. Right?

Reesche

I am a dirt farmer myself. I do a pretty good wet trim before i hang my bud to dry and when I take 'em down and remove the bud from the stem, I usually place the bud in a airtight tote for a couple of days while it gets "burped" a couple of times a day and then it goes into the jars. The idea is to let the bud stabilize at a good moisture percentage. If you have a good sized grow and are going to store it for while,sealing it under a vacuum will allow it to keep for quite a while

The "Red Shoots" you refer to are probably genetic. Haven't seen that before but then I don't have a micro camera, just a coin inspection lens

They start out small but get longer and longer then burst out the top..... very strange.

Latest posts

Back