Cut or designated mothers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squatchbud

Reaction score
As a new grower, I was wondering what you more experienced growers like to do. Do you prefer to just cut clones before moving your plants to flower, or do you like to keep a designated mother plant? I would enjoy hearing your answers and why you chose the method you use. Thanks.

Personally I just cut clones. I don’t have room to keep a mother. I only have one tent. If I had 2 i’d have to figure out what to do with a lot more extra buds.

I don't do mothers anymore, just clones. I end up abusing them and I can't take the guilt. Clones for me.

Dumb question : how many clones can you get from one mother, assuming you dont keep the mum.
My apologies for the hijack OP.

Depends on how big the mom is I'd guess. So in theory, as many as there are branches to cut.

Depends on how big the mom is I'd guess. So in theory, as many as there are branches to cut.

Holy crap on a cracker they must grow like Weeds ! Now this is a new wrinkle i need to ponder.
Thanks Squatchbud

The number of clones U can get from a mother is infinite --
Then U can use a cut as a mother and do it again !-- I find it easier to just clone from clones and it gets U to the same place-- I grew up around livestock so I tend to call it my bloodlines instead of variety or clone line-- I clone to keep the bloodline of the mother the cuts came from alive and happy !-- What I tend to do is shape the plant a week or so before sending to to bloom -- Those clippings are my new clones --

The number of clones U can get from a mother is infinite --
Then U can use a cut as a mother and do it again !-- I find it easier to just clone from clones and it gets U to the same place-- I grew up around livestock so I tend to call it my bloodlines instead of variety or clone line-- I clone to keep the bloodline of the mother the cuts came from alive and happy !-- What I tend to do is shape the plant a week or so before sending to to bloom -- Those clippings are my new clones --

Oddly enough that makes sense to me Keef. We used to raise and sell Beagle hounds and the theories seem to be about the same. Thanks for the info bro

Latest posts

Back