Cuts not rooting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they're on a heatin pad and the temp on the outside of the peat pellets stays around 74 or so. it varies during the day but never lower than 70 and never higher than 77. im not sure whats going on with them

I use Grodan 2 inch mini cubes and honey. I follow the Grodan instructions, then fill the hole with fresh honey before inserting the untreated cutting. This has never failed to produce roots within 8 days. I know this method makes the cloning machine obsolete, but everone who uses it is getting 100% success! Dollar Tree sells jumbo zip lock bags that are perfect for cloning. I have had purple stems and yellowing leaves, but have found that cutting off the leaf tips and misting with seedling ratio nutrients helps this. Never use crystalized honey, this can actually harm the clone. Buy your honey at a busy store like Wal-Mart and try to get the freshest stock possible. If you try this, let me know how it works for you. Good Luck!

NorCalHal had a thread on cloning and using that method ive had 95% success.

i use 5 yr old schultz rooting powder and add super thrive to the h2o and ive rooted in peat pellets, rapid rooters, worm castings, coco and grodan with the same success. i havent used a humidity dome in 2 yrs either, just put them in indirect light or the shade.

i prefer small grodan b/c they take up less space and they retain h2o so leaving for a few days is no prob.

i dont use sterile scissors just the same ones used to cut up my bud and defoliate. im not saying throw caution to the wind just saying success can come w/o over doing things.

SNICKER, ill try honey since i can get it fresh from the orange grove hive.

slowmo77 said:
it's just a normal cloning method. take cuts from the lower part of the plant. cut at a node on a 45 degree angle, dip in rooting hormone then into a wet peat puck. placed in a tray with a dome and misted atleast once a day for the first week then i let them get a little drier as time goes by so they feel the need to grow roots to get moisture. temps are low 70's all the time. this is the same method i've used for a long time and i've never had any problems.

i did talk to my friend where i got them. he said he had trouble using rockwool but when he switched to rapid rooters they rooted great. so if no roots by this weekend i'm gonna go get rapid rooters and recut everything and start over.. what a pain in the arse

Slow,

your temps are your likely culprit, just saying. 78 works wonders, and I taper off humidity as well, It helps so keep doing that, thats all i got, I get 100% every time, no matter the strain. The lower end of 70 slows the plants towards a stasis like rate of growth, which takes too much time.

again, an opinion.

Latest posts

Back