cutting fan leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We REALLY need a mythbuster sticky thread... and then close all the ones started if they are already contained in that thread.

A flower isnt a flower without its leaves to bring out the color it is responsible for alot of things and play a very important role on making,producing,circulating,and temp regulation of THC. Im pretty sure there are more purposes that are vital to growing excellent one hitter quitter based on leaving the leaves to naturaly die off, but that I know of are those few things. Read more about it as so I will so we can have some killer pot to fill our lungs with.

I grew three plants side by side this year outdoors and with one of them I decided I would try cutting the fan leaves to see what effect it would have on the buds. The bud was definately stunted like the plant was focusing too much energy on repairing itself than it was on the buds.

man definitely dont cut off leaves i had about 10 plants i cut the leafs off 5 and they gave me almost 2 pounds the other 5 gave me almost 5 pounds outdoor but still it matters big big difference never again will i cut them off

I also had a old timer tell me to cut the fan leaves. I never did it except at the end of my grow, thinking more light will get to the lower buds.

they are little sugar factories i dont remove a leaf unless they are half dead or yellowing

Damn, my growing partner cut all the fan leaves and i mean all,
and he even cut many of the smaller then fan leaves while i was
away for a week.He thought he was helping them:hairpull: .
I saw the situation yesterday and i freaked out:eek: .
There are 6 females Afghan allready 30 days flowering with
60 days veg and were doing nicely until this.
What can i expect from them and will it drasticly cut down yield?
Its so sad,they look hollow now...
I can post some pics tomorrow but im not sure if you
want to see them but ill show them to you anyway...so sad

Here are the pics.What do you think?Anybody?
Before the leaves were cut you couldnt see the other side of the grow box

EDIT:
7. Please try to post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as eight pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them.

AAAfarmer1.jpg

AAAfarmer2.jpg

AAAfarmer3.jpg

A crying shame. I trim some, and I also tuck some out of the way, but I would never do that to my girls.

I'm really new here but I don't think you should host pics like that elsewhere and link them here.

I had done the same thing because of all the spider mites and the damage they done and so I went and cut all the bad fan leafs and some good ones and I notice that the buds got burned more and the tops turned brown and like they had been saying.
It a bad thing to cut them off and I also believe that it will make ur buds taste bad alittle but that my 2 cents..

I would give your "partner" half of what he was going to get as your plants are only going to yeild half of what they would have.

I think if you cutt fan leaves during flowering all it would do use use the plants energy to repair the leaves and your buds will be dorman.

Meaning **** buds :(

Thanks everybody for the coments,i just feel sorry for the plants,but
gotta look to the bright side so i will keep caring for my plants and
smoke what they give with pride even if it is half of what they were
gona give:rolleyes:.

And for my partner,i decided to give him a little trim so hes probably
gonna wake up bald one of these days:hubba: .

Sorry for the pics,i have to admit i just read the rules and that wont
be happening again,im getting to know the site and its a good thing
you have the ability to post pics on your site by yourselves.

Latest posts

Back