Cuttings in flower!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjawarrior

Reaction score
I have accidently put my cuttings into flower they are only 8/9 inches tall. They are only in 3 litre pots so if i pot them up into 20 litre pots like i was goin to do can i carry on in veg? they havent got proper buds on them yet but i can see the first signs of the buds coming.

By cuttings i mean clones sorry its just what i call them. I just want to know if i put my lights bak to 18/6 can i still veg them as normal or shud i just get new clones and start again? Thanks

How long have they been in 12/12?? if they are full flowering and need to reveg your prob better of with new clones bc of the amount of time it takes to properly reveg a plant...

I do not know how you can accidentally put plants into 12/12 without knowing it, but I'm with Jamm--whether you should put them back into beg or keep flowering depends on how far they are in. If you do decide to put them back into veg, run your lights 24/7 instead of 18/6. There is no advantage to running your light 18/6 rather than 24/7. The 18/6 light schedule encourages stretch and makes for elongated lengths between nodes.

It is really a flip of the coin at this point. It will certainly reveg if you put it back under 24hrs of light but its hard to say how long it will take to get back to vegging properly. Its worth a try, just turn the lights on 24hrs and give them higher doses of grow nutes so that they get more nitrogen. Just be careful not to give too much nitrogen where it burns them.

if you have the room for it... anyone have experience with monster-cropping?

I read about it but didn't think it worth serious consideration. First of all, taking a cutting 3 weeks into flowering is going to take more than a couple weeks to root--the plant will probably take 2 weeks just to shut off the flowering hormones and srevert back to the veg stage. I also personally have not found that a flowering clone necessarily produces a plant with a gazillion tops. And I like to have a nice rotation. The time it takes a cutting to root and veg is about the same length of time a plant takes to flower. If I start clones when I put the plant into 12/12, i have replacements to take their place when I harvest...perpetual harvest. In fact, I have found no benefit at all from taking clones 3 weeks into flowering, but a lot of downsides, and only do it so try and save a spectacular plant. I am currently growing a clone taken from a plant about 3 weeks into flowering. It took over a month to root.

I've never done it before but love science experiments.. Perpetual harvest sounds delightful :)

I love experimenting, too, but there has to be at least some logic to things I try. I know from taking cutting 3 weeks into flowering that this sucks and the resulting clones simply take longer to root. Other than that, there is nothing special about them, they are not branchier, bushier, or more of anything desirable than clones taken in veg. So, given what I personally have experienced when I was forced to take clones this late in flowering and the tens of thousand of posts I read here, the entire monster cropping is just so much mumbo-jumbo as it is based on misinformation--like a cutting taken 3 weeks into flowering will root in 2 weeks or that there is anything different or special about a cutting taken from a plant that far in. Like my old boss used to say--You do not need to reinvent the wheel.....What he meant is that some things are worth experimenting with, some are not. There is still a huge amount of misinformation floating around and old wives tales that seem to persist, even though we now have a pretty good idea of what keeps cannabis happy.

Latest posts

Back