Cuttings while Flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainechowder

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a plant that was gifted to me. Genetics are tres dawg (combo of double dawg & chem dawg), which I cannot find a lot of info about. The plant is about 2-3 weeks into flower and starting to show small flowers.

My question is, I would like to take a couple of cuttings from this plant. Would you suggest I take the cuttings now or put the whole plant into re-veg and then take the cuttings?

Thank you in advance for any help.

I would take cuttings now, they will take a bit of time to root.
If they do not take, then you can always try revegging.

It's still early enough to take a cutting or two....just remember those clones are gonna look really funky and take awhile to root!

there was a thread on this a while back,hick said reveging whole plants the revgging process started in the bud.i took cuttings 5 weeks into flower with a small bud on each.they took a while to root and revege,looked funny,but are doing well now(revege did start on the buds) i think it is very important to have the bud on the cuttings if taken in flower(from what i saw mine do)

Actually, the earlier, the better for taking cuttings. Less bud would be better, imho

Roddy said:
Actually, the earlier, the better for taking cuttings. Less bud would be better, imho

i agree with this.i should have said that in my earlier reply.

stonedagain714 said:
there was a thread on this a while back,hick said reveging whole plants the revgging process started in the bud.i took cuttings 5 weeks into flower with a small bud on each.they took a while to root and revege,looked funny,but are doing well now(revege did start on the buds) i think it is very important to have the bud on the cuttings if taken in flower(from what i saw mine do)

You absolutely have to have a growing tip to clone. I guess in flowering you would call this a bud.

Yeah I am about to go back and take 3 more cuts from my Rez SD cross that is 3 weeks in....they take a while to root but it shldnt be a problem.

Thanks everyone, you all are so helpful.

The plant isn't that big and I'm not expecting much from her. The person that had her before me ran out of room and this little girl was a little light deprived. He thought he would give it away rather than destroy it. I only want to a clone or two in case the smoke turns out great, in which case I'll be pissed that I never took a cutting.

I'll keep you all posted on how it turns out.

Thanks again!!

Latest posts

Back