Da Bomb Has Landed - NORTHERNleitz LED Flower Photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horace Greely

Veteran of Prohibition
Reaction score
Heres an excerpt from my Grow Show of some yummy G-13 Hybrids and Northern Lights. This was a side by side comparison of NorthernLeitz LED's and a 600 watt CMH bulb.

Full article is here:
link removed

Enjoy the pics as i enjoy the smoke.

HG

LEDtop.JPG

Center2.JPG

HPS5.JPG

HPS4.JPG

LED1.JPG

LED5.JPG

This is a week or so later

Temps dropped 8˚ after shutting off the CMH bulb

IMG_6554.JPG

IMG_6555.JPG

IMG_6559.JPG

IMG_6560.JPG

IMG_6561.JPG

Cannot get some pics to post ??? Ahhhh Filenames were too long.

This is a week or so later

Drying racks of some of the crop.
Upper deck is G-13/Unknown hybrid "The Runt" (HPS)
Lower Deck is Northern Lights (LED)

Temps dropped 8˚ after shutting off the CMH bulb

1.JPG

4.JPG

3.JPG

6.JPG

5.JPG

Will post final counts at the main post @ RIU...

Peace,
HG

How many LED units you got in there??? whats the total watts? and cost of the LED units?

just looked at the pics again... how far in are they?? they do not seem to have a lot of trich production from those pics...?

Thanks for sharing, but I'm confused. Is this an all LED grow? Is NorthernLietz a LED company? By CMH I assume you mean Metal halide which is usually used for the veg stage. Is that in the same space?

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
How many LED units you got in there??? whats the total watts? and cost of the LED units?

just looked at the pics again... how far in are they?? they do not seem to have a lot of trich production from those pics...?

Well there is 2 LED's 700 total rated watts and the consumption is about 450 watts. The fixtures are on Ebay I think around $300 a light.

I am also running side by side a 600 watt Ceramic Metal Halide which burns almost 700 watts.
The LED's seem to be outperforming the CMH but there was a runt on that side. Plant was full sized but did not produce much under the CMH.

The second to last are with the stigmas still all white so even a closeup would not show Trichs.

You can go look at the full grow on rollitup and I see they have removed the link. Should be search-able there.

chazmaine420 said:
Thanks for sharing, but I'm confused. Is this an all LED grow? Is NorthernLietz a LED company? By CMH I assume you mean Metal halide which is usually used for the veg stage. Is that in the same space?

Yes its a brand you can buy on Ebay.

I fired up the old HID unit to do a comparison. Have not really run it in a year and DO NOT miss the heat it puts out !

Ceramic Metal Halides are MH bulbs with a strong RED output. They were all I used before switching over completely to LED's. Tons of info on them on any of the boards.

I veg/flower/dry in the same space.

HG

:48:Good looking plants

Thanks for joining and showing a grow comparison between the LED's and CMH's lighting sources.

I see 2 LED units overhead... they don't even appear to be the same LED units....? are they different units from the same company?

what are all those light strips on the walls?? are they part of the over head lights?

The Hemp Goddess said:
:yeahthat: And where is the CMH grow? I'm confused.

It appears to be right next to the LED's as well as all the LED's along the wall.

Thanks for sharing your grow but its not much of a comparison with the lights intermixing, and growing different strains.

yeah, you'd need separate bloom rooms with clones from the same donor mother to make it semi accurate.

Id rather see a side beside comparison to HPS.

:yeahthat:

seconded. Seeing hps is the outperformer amongst hid's.

ozzydiodude said:
:48:Good looking plants

Tasty too !

Thanks for joining and showing a grow comparison between the LED's and CMH's lighting sources.

And for my next trick I will be running a 240w Vegetative light along side a 240w Flowering light for the grow portion of the run. I would like to see if there is a huge difference in veg growth using the different profiles.
Veggie/Clone lights have major advantages in Mother Keeper operations and certainly for cloning. If the growth rate is similar its redundant to own both if you are simply growing them out for trees like I do.

The Flowering stage will be a head to head matchup of the Northernleitz BB-240 vs a Blackstar 240. Wi;; be interesting to see how the Blackstar performs. The NL has does admirably as the pics attest. I will upload density and weight count pics at the main post on rollitup.

I think the overall hardness of the buds will go to the CMH but total weight looks like the LED's will prevail. They really penetrated down the plant well and promoted a more open growth pattern allowing light all the way to all but the lowest branches.
The all LED Northern Lights buds are super dense while the G-13's on both sides are less so. Not bad for 2/3's the power and the LED side was way overkill. I could have used just the 400 for both and ideally a 240 per plant is just right. Same as the old days: Skimp on light and you'll be smoking fluff !

All in the interests of Science,
HG

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
I see 2 LED units overhead... they don't even appear to be the same LED units....? are they different units from the same company?

what are all those light strips on the walls?? are they part of the over head lights?

Yes they are both Northernleitz fixtures.

The strips on the walls are homemade. I have been running them for about 8 years or so. They have diodes varying from .1 to .3 watts with inline power supplies.
They can grow 5' plants in veg but are not bright enough for flowering. Its only been until 3 & 5 watt diodes were cheaply available that flowering for the masses has become a reality. I will use them for side lighting until they die. Only lost 1 of them and that was due to a poorly matched power supply.

Now it will be a few more years until the naysayers become convinced that replacing their "planet killers" is a good idea !

HG

The Hemp Goddess said:
:yeahthat: And where is the CMH grow? I'm confused.

Just search - Northernleitz + rollitup for the full posting.

Growdude said:
It appears to be right next to the LED's as well as all the LED's along the wall.

Thanks for sharing your grow but its not much of a comparison with the lights intermixing, and growing different strains.

Spillover was primarily limited to the lower halves of the plants. No I am not a research facility and I do not believe in wasting any light. That stuff is expensive.

I never promised you a rose garden - Lynn Anderson

It is what it is,
HG

7greeneyes said:
yeah, you'd need separate bloom rooms with clones from the same donor mother to make it semi accurate.

I agree and you would also need a minimum of 100 cultivars to be truly scientific.

So if you got the warehouse and 100 clones I'll bring a light over !

The Pragmatic Horace Greely

Latest posts

Back