Damn it - Help Guys!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it did work, What do I have. I sprayed this room and cleaned very well before starting!!

more info needed

what is PH?

what ya feeding?

temps?

could be hot spots from tin foil?

way too many variables to give you any kind of an answer. How are you growing, ie, soil, hydro? What kind of light? What strain? What is ph? what type of nutes?

Sorry - New plants, no nutes, DWC - tap water, ph 6.0 ppm - 560 temp-67-70.:stoned:

oh 560 ppm tapwater with no nutes and ph 6... i am amazed to see a real leaf appearing on your plants. it's like, giving birth to a baby and starving him then expecting him to grow. your tap water is very salty, and you need hydro ferts, ph adjuster, and RO filter or another water source.

Wow that is a really high ppm for tap water. You might need to get an RO system.

Thanks, will get better water, however I went back to my journal and remembered I did put one teaspoon of Veg+bloom for the roots to have a little until they got to the second node. Just tap is 190 ppm which is still high but never hurt the last grow.

Could that damage have come from waiting too long on the nutes? It looks like that is all I did differently from the last. 3/4 dose now with ppm 740, ph 6.5. Was gone for six days and thought it would be safer on the babies to wait rather than jump the gun.

I think that 2 things are happening here--your pH is off and your plants are starving to death. For hydro you are going to need to keep your pH between 5.3 and 5.8 or so. This is vital because plants will only uptake nutrients at certain pH levels. Here is a chart that shows the different nutrients and pH uptake at differing pH levels: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908

DWC plants cannot grow in water alone--you need nutrients added from the time they lose their cotyledon leaves until harvest. If you have only given them 1 t (in how much water?) they are starving. You need to start feeding them on a regular basis, following the manufacturer's suggestions for the nutes you are using. Here is the feeding schedule for Veg+bloom: http://www.hydroponic-research.com/what-we-do/#first-content

I would suggest doing a res change every 7-10 days. If using tap water, you need to let it sit out for awhile to let any chlorine evaporate away and then add the nutes. Let them sit a bit and then pH the solution to what you need it to be. Most people need to pH their solutions down. DWC can be very rewarding, but it can also be tricky and the plants will respond right away to anything you do. However, correct pH and correct amount of nutrients is vital to proper growth.

The goddess knows wjat she talkn bout id listwn she straightened me pit real fast! As alwaus thanx tp u my luv but i would rather have nute burn then starvation anyday tjat kinda stress can turn a nice little girl into a crazed confused hermi real fast im assiming

Thanks HG! The ph is down to 5.5 and I completly forgot that since the last grow, my town went to a different water supply. The ph was so good before, it had become something I never did as part of my res changes and monitoring. Shook the dust off of my ph down, and test strips.

hi samarta,

I'm on here with plant problems too, so your not alone :)

please do make sure to post back and show an updated pic/s of your healthy recovering plant, .....so we can all learn along with you!

Good luck - it sounds like you have received some good guidance.

cheers ~

Frustrating when you have such a difference. The last two look completly dialed in! Same Strain?

ph test strips are not close to the accuracy that you need in order to grow healthy plants...

The ones I use are in .25 increments, and are hard to find compared to most.

What do you use zem?

I have never seen ph test strips that are accurate to the 0.25 increments, I have seen and used liquid drops that are good, change color quite distinguishably, however, a reliable PH pen is the best instrument that you can use, since ph is a delicate matter and the 0.1 change makes a difference. PH scale changes are exponential, which means that 5.5 is 2x more acidic that 5.6, and 5.6 is 2x more acidic that 5.7 and so on, therefore, it is crucial to get your ph read as accurate as possible

I agree, with DWC, you need a good pH meter. Strips are simply not accurate enough. While there is little difference in color between 2 whole numbers on the strips, there is a huge amount of difference between say 5.3 and 6.3 when you are growing hydro. Proper pH is critical.

Latest posts

Back