Damn Rabbits !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marine5068

Reaction score
:mad: I think it was the rabbits that ate all the leaves off of 5 of my babies I had out in the woods. I say this because they had got to all the shorter plants and stems and not touched the tops of the taller ones. So had to move them back towards the house a bit and put chicken wire around them. They had more direct sunlight out back(like full days sun), but now get only like 4-5 hours a day. Is that ok? or should I try to transplant again but with wire enclosures? They are doing fine and growing well now. The partly damaged plants have new shoots growing from the junctions and the ones that are simply sticks with a few leaves(5 of them) have not died yet. All just me being worried I guess. You see it's only my second time growing so. We'll see what happens, I'll baby them now.

Moth balls are good to keep varmits away. They seem to hate the smell. One can also use human hair, and or human urine. Moth balls have been working very well in my maters. :)

Thanks Weeddog, I'll try them...and the human urine thing, I have heard of...plus it's good fert. too. The little buggars left their tracks and it looked like a small rabbit or maybe a groundhog. Some happy critters out there for a day or so after eating up 5 lovely plants...I should have followed his trail, looking for the trail of Doritos he dropped behind him...Ha,Ha. I'll be putting up some cage around the plants out in the woods next year. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back