Dank: The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana The critics speak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subcool

Dank Creator
Reaction score
Bombbudpuffa ask me to do a thread here telling everyone about my new book and how to get a signed copy.

You can order the book signed by me and I'll even personalize it if you tell me what to say in the comments section
The site is

Shipping to the UK can run as much as 20$ but you can just e-mail your zip code and the good people at Dankgear will let you know exactly what shipping will be.

Everyone seems to be very impressed and I could not be happier. Hopefully my weed hating Mums will like it anyway.

I'm only signing the first 6 cases so if you want one special jump on it.

Sorry I have been slack about posting but this has really consumed my time.

Sub

The Book of Dank,​
media reviews​
High Times​
By Danny Danko​
“Ever wonder how new Cannabis strains are created? Famous Bud Breeder Subcool reveals the secrets of his success in his first book on the subject. Summing up over 20 years of experience growing and crossing pot varieties. Dank: The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana features loving descriptions of Subcools favorite strains, accompanied by incredibly vivid photos—Close-ups so detailed that the pages practically stick together. Over 35 varieties-including High Times Top 10 Strain winners Jack the Ripper, Vortex, and Jillybean- are detailed in striking, full page photos featuring lush colors and trichomes galore. Complete with flowering times, aromas, yield and strain specific growing advise. Dank is perfect for the grow room or the coffee table. The breathtaking images and revealing text combine for a scintillating journey into the marijuana mindset of one the worlds best breeders, as he explains how and why he chooses certain plants to cross into blue-ribbon contest winners. The proud creator of sensi strains for the new millennium, Subcool is famous for producing buds with exceptional flavor, aroma and potency-plus the soothing traits that medicinal users rely upon to relieve pain and improve life. Danny Danko
Dopey Taylor

Weedbay

I was thinking just a couple of week ago that it’s been awhile since our good buddies over at have released a new book. So I really wasn’t too surprised when I got the email that this book was coming out. What is pleasant about the notice is that a member of the weedbay forums (and a few others) is the author. He’s also the breeder and photographer of a fine cannabis photo and breeding book entitled:
Dank: The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana
A Breeder's Tale
By Subcool
From time to time you’ll hear on the cannabis forums that someone is writing a book. Normally you’ll wait and wait and see if there is anything to the forum rumors. You see there’s a bit of turmoil still with books of this nature. Not only is cannabis considered illegal but also other breeders and seed banks offer competitive products, so there’s always a bit of shilling and self promotion from within, and the police wanting to intervene from without. So when a definitive voice in the scene releases all he knows about the strains he’s created it fills a huge void. I wish more breeders would do it. Subcool from TGA is a breeder, photographer, writer and grower and his professionalism for the plants he’s featuring shows off his strains and crosses well. It’s the type of book where you’ll read the information as fast as you can, so you can turn the page and see what’s on the other side.

The book “Dank” covers a breeder’s quest for the ultimate marijuana plant. From your own coffee table you will step behind the scenes of gourmet marijuana growing and discover the in depth information that has been cannabis board forum fodder for years. Potheads, growers, tokers, dealers, pinheads, they all like to discuss (and fight about) the parentage and growing tips of their favorite cannabis strains. But seldom are we treated to real-deal information straight from the breeder himself. It’s worth noting these are American strains, based on the strains we can get right here in California, where the voters have demanded that marijuana is made available for medical use statewide and made a lowest priority for law enforcement in many municipalities. There are a dozen other medical marijuana states and more considering medical marijuana in November, so it’s becoming a matter of taking care of our own now.

What do I get when I buy this book?

When you purchase the book you’re getting an 11” X 9” coffee table piece with a double gatefold cover with spot UV coating and embossed type. It really is quite impressive without even opening the book. Once inside prepare for the in depth description and photo essay of 37 highly detailed marijuana strains. You learn all about the strains, what traits to expect and what to avoid. At 144 pages and with multiple photos on some pages it’s a large body of work you could only expect from a grower of 2 decades.

This is the list of marijuana strains that have been featured with photos in most stages of growth and perhaps freshly cut or dried flowers. There is a complete breeder history for these strains, most of which are Subcool TGA strains or the strains they work with. Subcool and his strains and crosses are unique in that they are designed for taste and not so much just for potency, which is what other breeders might tend to focus on. These varieties of marijuana are described by the parent’s traits, the offspring traits that are mixed from the parents and the selection process that goes in to create the newest DANK. A handful of these are old California med scene classics, some are unavailable, and some are being featured at the Oaksterdam medical cannabis dispensaries. Patents can find these strains and grow them out. That’s always a plus.

You can enjoy this book without reading a word, and just by looking at the pictures. It’s full of well lit and beautiful pictures that document the strains from seed to bud. The quality of the pictures and the sharpness of the printing will sell books to people that have never grown and are just captivated by the title DANK. It’s all about tasty buds at the peak of ripeness with trichomes that just melt off the page. Selecting just four images for the review was pretty hard. I had a dozen pictures under consideration and settled on these four because I think these represent what medical patients will be interested in.​
A big part of the book is documentation of a breeders work and although photos don’t document the strains Subcool was working with, there is a substantial amount of information he shares about these ‘other’ strains. There are 20 others strains mentioned in the book

It’s a great book and I can easily recommend this to anyone interested in Dank sticky bud. Medical marijuana patients and growers can get information straight from the breeder. With grow tips and photo documentation on strains available in the Nor-Cal area it should be interesting to weedbay locals. I can also testify that the photos in the book are worth the price just as a conversation piece in their own merit and are in a class of their own. At 144 pages it’s a definitive guide and available at fine bookstores everywhere October 1st 2008. Retails at $29.95.
If you want a signed copy of this book they are limited to the first 100 copies but we thought it would be cool to set that up. The site is
Dopey T
Skunk Magazine​
By Mamakind​
We pride ourselves at SKUNK on bringing only the freshest and coolest of what the Cannabis world has to offer. One of our perennial favorites ( not to mention a favorite of all the other guys), the proprietor of TGA Seeds and creator of such modern day classics as Jack the Ripper, Querkle, and Tinybomb—walks the wild side of ganja cultivation and photography. If it’s an impossibly beautiful color, has an exotic and alluring taste, smells like nothing you’ve ever smelled before and has a high that makes you feel like your toking up for the first time…it must be Subcool and it’s definitely dank.​
Sub’s long awaited solo literary debut, DANK; The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana carries on the tradition of gorgeous photography, sumptuous strain descriptions and intricate genetic histories that you’ve come to expect from this grow forum guru and just when you thought it couldn’t get any danker, we find out that it’s the Guru of Ganja, Ed Rosenthal’s publishing company, that’s bringing the essential addition to pot lovers libraries everywhere in the fall of 2008.​

Dankbook.jpg

Dankbook4.jpg

Dankbook6 (Small).jpg

Dankbook2 (Small).jpg

Dankbook3 (Small).jpg

Dankbook5 (Small).jpg

Ordered it just now. LOL! Oh yea, I just ordered your Pandora's Box genetics from Hemp Depot! Man I'm psyched! I don't know if I should have bought that or Vortex! Man! Heart racing, energizing, confusing, stoned, ripped, curled under, and stupidity sounded like a good stone. But I went with Zooming, Happy, Grinning, anti depressant BIGTIME! LOL!

Hoping to get a rare phenotype! I would be so happy!

Edit: I changed my mind to qleaner. Why don't you have any qleaner pics up? I would LOVE to set a high quality pic of one as my computer background!

Besides Qleaner I also decided to order the Vortex beans as well. I recall in your thread cannabis by nikon stating "You have no idea what dank is unless your growing or smoking this strain"

Space queen has true resurrection phenos. At least the ones I got literally rose from the dead.

...and the vegging plants SMELL so much.

Can't wait till it's finished.
I will share with [pics/details] the rest of you.

Sorry...no samples (unless your local)

Hey buddy! Sorry I made this into a problem! I will be responding to him NOW about giving the wrong credit card! WAYYY too stoned!

i would really like to purchase a copy and i was really hoping to get one that was signed. when i follow the links and click on the link for products from the home page it doesn't take me anywhere. sometimes i have trouble with links because i use firefox, so is it me or not?

Click on this link stroll down add the book to the cart and check out. Some error message may show up but just continue through the steps. ;)
cadlakmike1 said:
i would really like to purchase a copy and i was really hoping to get one that was signed. when i follow the links and click on the link for products from the home page it doesn't take me anywhere. sometimes i have trouble with links because i use firefox, so is it me or not?

Latest posts

Back