dark holes in leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
Spots on leaves,no yellowing everything looks great but the top fan leaves are showing these brown dark holes in leaves ,second week into flowering,,,This is hydo or DWC system..I think its mag def.how much sould one use per gallon??I only been useing rain water,started out with distilled water but we finlly got rain here..lol
Plus what might it be if the PH dropes off from about 5.9 to 5.75in one day??
thanks to all..
oneshot is back!!!

could be cal/mag and you use 1tsp to gallon then PH adjust..Hydro should run 5.3- 5.8 and fluctuation happens in my DWC....I just check and adjust dayly...Hope this helps

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

What nutes are you using in yer hydro system? Some nutes have sufficient cal/mag while others do not. Yu need to check that before adding any more. I actually suppliment my hydro with a little hydrated lime that I sprinkle less than a tspoon onto the coco and let the watering take it in. If you are in hydroton(clay pebbles) then yu probably would need to use a liquid cal/mag. :) If you can get a good pic and upload it here we can help yu better diagnose it.

The reason yer ph is dropping suddenly is because the plants are taking the more alkaline chemicals out of the solution. This happens a lot during flower if yer chem ratio is fairly low for the volume of water. During vegging you can have the same thing happen but in the opposite direction. While the plants are in vigorous growth, they will suck up the more acidic chems and cause the ph to rise. This is not a problem but you will have to check it very regular so that it doesn't go outside the 5.4 to 6.2 range where certain chems will get locked out. :)

During flower I usually run my cal/mag and P&K nutes a little hot and get the ph to 6.2 so that the plants have some range to take up before bottoming out the ph. :)

Thanks guys..
I run GH3 part nutes fer 5 years now and I understand what you are saying..I do keep the nute strangth a little low..I like a PH of about5.8 in that range,but tonight iam letting them down a little..or should I say around 5.7 and 1200ppm went I checked them tonight...Tommorrow its time to change nutes up to the next week, will be running 3-8-14 with 3ml per gal of liqued koolbloom!!And keep PH around 6.0 and ppm 1000-1400..
Also today I added 4ml of cal-mag to the water,I should see something tommorrow..
take care
oneshot

Latest posts

Back