day 5 of vegging under 1 400 hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn PJ mites again. Are you running a boarding house for those little SOB's. :eek: I hope that you can get rid of them asap. Good luck mt friend. ;)

yeh i agree tbg :D was a little pissed off yesterday over the durty little mite bastards but today ive took a step back and thought to myself-whos gonna die 1st- well it aint gonna be me:D so get ready mites day one tomorrow of spraying under showerhead to get rid and maybe some spraysafe for good measure;)

update @ day 22 of flowering-no offence but they look that vegging nutes for 1st week of flowering definately a downside to it yeh there bigger but @ expense of budding up slower just have to see final results :rolleyes:

anyway enough moaning :p

20 litres of water with mixed up with the following.

70ml of a and b canna aqua-been doing 3 ml per litre but cf trunceon was showing well under feeding so upped it 0.5ml per litre water mix.

maybe the lack of fuller looking hudsites is down to underfeeding @ about 10-11cf when canna bottle states between 17-23cf :eek:

30ml of canna pk 13/14

50ml cannazyme

80ml of canna boost accerator

showing cf 19 and ph 6.2. ;)

nutes tank showing ph 6.2 and cf 09

so added nute mix to 5 litres already in tank and cf18 and ph 6.2

had already mixed up 10 litres water with 25ml budlink mixed stood for 30 mins. ph forgot think it was 7.9

then added budlink 10 litres mix and ph 6.2 and cf13

so day one of pk treatment :cool:

also noticed mold in flower room on walls so switched inlines onto constant during lights on and evey 15 mins on for 15 mins during lights off. :eek:

ya learn some more each and everyday dudes:p

yesterday when i did res change i adjusted ph to 5.7 with few drops of ph down to final solution.

anyway now after about 10 feeds including 7 today everything is bang on both cf and ph stayed the same......:D

getting the hang of this methinks:rolleyes:

so not had chance to do mites thing will do tomorrow only have tiny mite attack.:eek:

i know i best get it sorted dont want last grow scenario again:confused:

enjoy.

pkj

checked for over an hour yesterady and only found one maybe its down to rh being 40% and was 69% before that.........:rolleyes:

anyway never did mite thing wait until i can actually see an amount worth my time getting rid.

anyawy update folks...:eek:

tank nearly empty after i placed drippers on 13 times during lights on every 45 mins i think.

plants looking good and healthy.

ph dropped a digit to 5.7 from 5.8 after 2 full days watering on 13 times a day and cf rose to 15 from 13.

so mixed up 5 litres water with 25ml budlink mixed let stand for hour.

mixed up 15 litres water with 50ml a and b canna aqua bloom nutes

60ml accerator boost

22.5ml pk 13/14

37.5 cannazyme.

ph 6.1 so added drop ph down to 5.7 and cf 15 after adding everything.

swell dudes

pkj

trimmed off few dodgy nute deficient leaves to day and guess what i found.....

noooooooooooo not again

spider mites x 2 and both dead

time to relax now with some nice herb from holland.........

pkj

Everything looks great man but damn them mites. Do they think your running a bed and breakfest or something? :p Smoke a fat bong for me man. :bong1: ;)

What do you use to control your mites???

Stunzeed..

Hey man, what's up? Dang! Sorry about the mites... and mold. Spidermites are all over up here. I am very paranoid about them. Do you regularly spray your plants?

I gotta say I've never had problems running extra veg nutes. I start the flower mix when there's flowers to feed. That may be up to two weeks. There's almost zero flower growth during the first 10-14 days of flower no matter what you do. Why the need for high ratios of P/K to N?

It's why you time pk13/14 three weeks before harvest; you're trying to match it when the plant can make the most use of it.

RE: Your nute levels. Man, you are triple the levels I max out at! The canna reccommends an absolute max EC 1.5-2.2 (with starting water EC 0-1.0). The optimal level depends on the plant.

Plants at the high end of nutritional need are fruits like watermelons, pumpkins, etc. Flowers in general fall far below this level. Too much nutes will slow your grow surely as starving.

Oh yeah, you asked me if I was going to the Uni? No, thank God, I've finished my degrees. ;)

spider mites are great-not all gone for the present sure ill see them rear their ugly heads again.

zarnon my cf is 15 and cf on canna is 17-23 or ec 1.7-2.3 thus my ec would effectively be 1.5 which is actually way lower then canna suggest its actually correct now as im in 5 week approx whereby canna suggest lower to 15cf nute strength.

this is going to make ya cringe. the measuring bucket i make up nutes in was offa friend maked up for10 + 20 litres being the max.

my cf was always low as you may have noticed.

i actually did individual litres of water into bucket and its 25 litres so cf was always under....

anyway.......again...........temps during night are now 55f from 75-85f during lights on.

brown spotting on leaves seemed to be mg def so did epsom salts for 3 days and all cleared up so back to nutes.

almost zero growth in 1st 2 weeks yes i agree definately on vegging nutes but when i use bloom nutes same strains always get budsites withing 2 weeks.

canna have changed their pk 13/14 feed schedule now its been changed for quite a while now and you do pk'ing at start of 3rd week and not 3 weeks from end of harvest.

and stunzeed i used spraysafe from canadian express bit pricey @ £18 per litre doesnt go far when you have 30 plants to spray and used neat.

if you have small infectation of mites you can dilute 1/1 so 2 litres worth of spray but you have to completely saturate plants all over and under or you wasting your time and money.

i actually used 10 litres neat....sob sob sob.gotta deal from hydro store though.

update with some pictures tomorrow if my new charger and battery arrive for my camera.

pkj

finished your degrees.hey dude i thought as much....lol

enjoy everything stable in room just temps still @ 54f lights out best i can get it unless i have absolutely no air movement aka inlines operating whatsoever:eek:

so sorry about yellowish pics but still getting to grips with new camera.

enjoy dudes.

pkj the 24 in cubes got their 1st water today after being in flower about a week or so.........:rolleyes: :( :D

the others are star x 1 crit mass x 1 power plant x 4 and unknown indica x 4.

1 mass and 1 power going to new home tomorrow to begin flowering:p

clones all rotted for 2 days plus now so condidering i took them on 27/01/07 and its 12 days later and the rooted 2 days ago 10 days cool i am the clone man;) :D :p :ccc: :eek:

with pruning:eek:

to crowded potential of mold so trimmed offa all lower non productive bud sites branches.

so im left with more or less single cola type plants and they are still busting out calyxes everywhere dudes.

enjoy

also 24 x 2 weeks into flower clones budding up but really need to get into some hydro system asap..

ya all know me i do everything reverse:confused:

photo of my home made carbon scrubber made from a metal trash can with the inner filter part being the outside from a 5" carbon scrubber thus bang on 6" inner with ducting being as snug as a bug fitment wise.

enjoy folks crop i reckon about end of feb.

ps 9 oz wet and all trimmed up from lower branches so should get me about 1-2oz dry......:D :peace:

few days on and getting nearer to the end hopefully within the next couple of weeks:D

starting to pack on weight and hey ive added a nute heater to res for 1st time in this grow.:rolleyes:

hey who sez i dont do everything in reverse:eek: :p

enjoy

pkj:tokie:

had final trim before i chop hopefully they will be getting the chop in a weeks time as my 34 tiny 4-6" tall 2+ weeks in flower really need to be in their place on dripper system....

enjoy folks.

pkj:peace:

Damn PJ,

Looking really good, have been watching this one for quite sometime. Might we say those big buds are looking mighty tasty.

Latest posts

Back