Day length hours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgerunner

Reaction score
Would a mostly indica (gorilla breath) start to flower if planted from seed with 13 hour day length

If planted seeds now with day length at 12 1/2 hours would it flower before day length reaches 14 hours in 6 weeks. Basically I’m trying to talk myself into planting seeds early.

I'm going to try and encourage you to start the plants inside and keep them inside under artificial light for at least a few weeks. Seedlings can be fragile little things and can be damaged/destroyed very easily. Also, their growth will be greatly enhanced if you can get them more than 12 hours of light a day.

If you plant outside now, I still fear that the plants will start flowering prematurely, then go back to veg, and then go back to flowering. Some strains can reach maturity in 4 weeks or so.

Too soon for outdoors yet.
Wait till you have at LEAST 14.5hr daylight.
H.G. is right about starting them indoors. Its a tough world outdoors on seedlings. You have much better luck letting them get a good start indoors then transplant outside.
If you start indoors be aware of the hours of daylight and try to match indoor light with outdoor before transplanting outside.
So if you plan on putting them out at say 15hr daylight, you will want to run your indoor light for 15hrs. That way the plants don't get confused.

I never match my light hours with the daylight hours. I generally run my lights 24/7 and then when I get ready to put them outside, I acclimate them to the sunlight for a week or so, but then just put them outdoors. This has never caused me any problems with my outdoor plants.

Latest posts

Back