Day Surgery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PartyBro420

Canucks Fan
Reaction score
My time has come! Finally! Today, I get surgery to have my nerve damage fixed! (hopefully fixed entirely) In 12 hours I'll be at the hospital and being prepped for the rest of my life again! I've been on a waiting list for 18 months, but now my day is here!

Shouldn't be there for more than a few hours, 5 at most. I'll either be having a neuroma excised from my forearm. Having the neuroma excised and severed nerve buried. Or have the neuroma excised, and the severed nerve grafted with a nerve from my ankle on my left leg.

Hoping for the first option, but won't know the full extent of what has to be done until they open my arm up to look at it. Worst case scenario I have a bit of numbness in my hand forever or phantom pain. Best case scenario, no graft will have to be done and the nerve will hopefully still be intact so nothing besides the excision is required.

Wish me luck all! I'm kind of excited to be honest heh. I've had this same surgeon operate on my arm before to repair a tendon from a car accident, so I'm not really nervous or anything.

PartyBro420 said:
My time has come! Finally! Today, I get surgery to have my nerve damage fixed! (hopefully fixed entirely) In 12 hours I'll be at the hospital and being prepped for the rest of my life again! I've been on a waiting list for 18 months, but now my day is here!

Shouldn't be there for more than a few hours, 5 at most. I'll either be having a neuroma excised from my forearm. Having the neuroma excised and severed nerve buried. Or have the neuroma excised, and the severed nerve grafted with a nerve from my ankle on my left leg.

Hoping for the first option, but won't know the full extent of what has to be done until they open my arm up to look at it. Worst case scenario I have a bit of numbness in my hand forever or phantom pain. Best case scenario, no graft will have to be done and the nerve will hopefully still be intact so nothing besides the excision is required.

Wish me luck all! I'm kind of excited to be honest heh. I've had this same surgeon operate on my arm before to repair a tendon from a car accident, so I'm not really nervous or anything.

Wishin yual with the mighty luck pilgrem! Hopin all goes well fur ya, Im sure it will. Lookin forward to yur return to fireside lettin us all know yur happiness with the success of the operation. Good luck pilgrem sure yual do just fine.

BWD

Here's to a successful surgery and speedy recovery. :)

Sending you fast healing wishes. You have a great attitude.

That's good to hear your getting taken care of, bud. You'll be in my prayers and meditations.

7ge:)

I would be excited, too!. Wishing you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

All done! hard to type though so i'll probably be away for a few days. Just wanted o let everyone know all went swimmingly. They took a nerve out of my left ankle and grafted it to my arm. Now the recovery game begins! thanks for all the prayers and bes wishes everyone!

Happy that everything well so well. Now, take care of yourself and get better so you can get those fingers typing again.

Thanks everyone! i'm pretty sore today but i'll manage. Hope to be back to typing order by thursday, and fully recovered by mid july.

Latest posts

Back