Dead branch on otherwise healthy plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpas48

Reaction score
I've attached two images: a closeup of the sick looking stem and branch connection and one of the wilted branch.
I've cut the branch off and smeared that wound with aloe vera gel.

Anyone know what caused this and how to treat.
The plant is Banana Punch just about in flower...
closeup.jpg
Plant.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Roster is right. Plant borers are a real pain in the ass. You can tell by pinching the stem. If it's soft you have a small grub looking worm eating in the inside of your stalk.
You can kill them with a knife if it hasn't already done too much damage.

Roster is right. Plant borers are a real pain in the ass. You can tell by pinching the stem down by the ground. If it's soft you have a small grub looking worm eating in the inside of your stalk.
It could very well be the Fungus Big mentioned

Roster is right. Plant borers are a real pain in the ass. You can tell by pinching the stem. If it's soft you have a small grub looking worm eating in the inside of your stalk.

if you are talking about these worms , with all due respect , I disagree 😍😍

I’ve dealt with these bastiages since the 90’s and I’ve dealt with fusarium and botrytis and they different effects on cannabis

anyway , I hope the author of this Thread finds a solution to his problem

C20A10C6-20B5-4B6A-9573-47AA81D2FDE0.jpeg
416AA1CF-3944-4786-B957-27E6D3C111FC.jpeg
45B73E80-ADFD-474B-9B59-0F315690FE5F.jpeg

I had that bad feeling
Like when your Doctor says may want to get your affairs in order

that ch-it is nasty….I let a plot go for two years and I treated the soil with drenchings of Oxidate , once a month , for two years before I finally put some plants there

i can finally grow in that area and have 4 plants in there right now and they look healthy

Never had stalk borers in marijuana stalks.

Latest posts

Back