DeathMagnetic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussum

Reaction score
So the new Metallica album Deathmagnetic comes out in a week or so. I was fortunate enough to get my hands on an advanced copy, and OH MY GOD!!. I saw Metallica on the "Madly in Anger with the World Tour" and I thought for sure they were done. After what they did with St. Anger I pretty much marked them as out of the game for good, but holy smokes if they haven't proven me wrong, thankfully.

It is a damn fine album. You can tell James doesn't have the vocal chops any more like he used to, but none of that matters. They are coming at this album hard, heavy, and mature. I really dig it and I am really glad they are back. I think getting Rob in there on bass really sharpened their edge a bit.

Overall the album is fantastic. For anyone that has the chance to pick it up or give it a listen, please do!!

let me know how you feel if you have heard any of it yet. Don't let the single on the radio detract you from getting the album. The best stuff is the stuff they won't play on the radio for sure.

Im a Big fan of the old metallica i guess ill have to check this album just to give them a chance.

after st anger i dunno though lol

Dude, just give it a try. St. Anger didn't even happen after listening to this album. This album is what St. Anger should have been. I can accept this as a submission of a more wise and mature Metallica.

choking_victim said:

meh!

I can appreciate this album a heck of a lot more than their last attempt.

they need a new drummer IMO. They've never really had a drummer. It's metal/rock, not home-coming music.

I heard a few tunes and it still isn't the Metallica i grew up on. Metallica has been going down hill ever since they blew their wad making Master Of Puppets. That was their best and they'll never make another like it.

I just watched their new video on myspace. The video is crap. It follows no narrative even though it rarely cuts away from what is obviously intended to be one. It's just pandering to the anger produced in our youth by the military. The song isn't so bad, in contrast to the last album, but what theEDIT is up with Kirk hammet? He used to be a monster and this new scaled down, "subtler", BORING kirk is driving me to disillusionment. The solo in that song is drastically weak and contrived sounding. What happened? Dog-damned sobriety....

I'm just taking into account the fact that they are a hell of a lot older and not really angry anymore. They are old, happy, family men. Their music reflects that, but given their last submissions were load, reload, and St. Anger, I will happily accept this album into their library.

Dave Mustaine is still out there making hard heavy and killer music because he is still as driven as he was when he was younger, he has just evolved a little more over time. Metallica aren't driven like they used to be. They dominated the world for a while and they are fine with that. Now they are just kind of floating through time but at least with this album you can tell they tried a lot more than they did with St. Anger.

I think lars is a fine drummer. He isn't the guy from Strapping Young Lad or anything, but really listen to One and tell me he's there for a prom gig.

Metallica. For years that was the first thing I turned on and the last thing I listened to everyday, but when I heard their "black" album, I was very sad. As far as I'm concerned that was the precursor to their declining suckiness. St Anger's Day pissed me off but the other day I heard one of their new one's off of DM and was very slightly pleasantly surprised. It does sound like they're trying to reacquire their edgier sound of the 80's {which is f'n killer}but who knows. Keep me posted and tell me what u think, cuz I won't buy it till I hear a consensus. Thanks for this thread, bud. Peace.

I will be downloading it for free on the internet...

Hopefully I wont get sued by RichFattyBaldyGreedy Lars...

...crybaby.

I used to be a huge metallica fan...untill I

A, Met them...total jerks
B, Listen to them cry about money they arent getting
C, Prolong our nations degradation
D, Let fourth their true beliefs on an interview...beliefs that put them IMO in the Conservative terrorist faction.

"Sad but true"

Garage Days was my favorite. Wonder what ever happened to my tape. :p

I was really into master of puppets.

Mom..I found your garage days tape...sorry, it didn't make it.

...try limewire.

TURKEYNECK said:
TOO TRUE! Lars is crap..

I HATE that guy. Such a crybaby...

waaahhh theyre downloading music for free waaahhh!!!

"Julian!...get my lawyer on the phone...Im going to sue my fans!"

ugh....

then.. "boom-pop-boom-pop-cymbal-boom-pop...' jesus..
there was one album...Master of Puppets maybe, the drums are pretty good on, Ive always said they had someone else record it and paid 'em to keep quite;) haha

TURKEYNECK said:
then.. "boom-pop-boom-pop-cymbal-boom-pop...' jesus..
there was one album...Master of Puppets maybe, the drums are pretty good on, Ive always said they had someone else record it and paid 'em to keep quite;) haha

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

three different guys and cliff burton!

i dislike just about everything since justice. except a few songs and theyre covers. die, die, my darling comes to mind plenty of no talent garage bands cover the misfits. its easy music and it kicks ***.

It's so funny when he does his "hard-core-headbang" while playing an 8th grade drumbeat.

Latest posts

Back