decapitate trichs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
I've been looking at the trichomes under a microscope, and most of them don't have a head anymore, but used to. I am currently in the 9th week of bloom. What does this mean, will it mature anymore if there is no head?

That's odd. Are yu sure they had heads previously? are they changing color before falling off? Could yu be brushing them off by handling the plants during maintenance or do yu have strong fans blowing them around?

"Decapitated" trichs??:eek:

Very funny- thanks for the chuckle.

Did you previously see capitate stalked trichs? There are actually 3 different types of trichs that appear on mj.

Never heard of the "heads" dropping off before. Even on cured weed you can still see them. Good luck with it, let us know what happens.

BBFan said:
"Decapitated" trichs??:eek:

Very funny- thanks for the chuckle.

Did you previously see capitate stalked trichs? There are actually 3 different types of trichs that appear on mj.

Never heard of the "heads" dropping off before. Even on cured weed you can still see them. Good luck with it, let us know what happens.

:yeahthat:

Never heard of this.

I've noticed that when you let a plant go for a while, the heads, as they mature, turn amber, and eventually dark brown if they go too long. If they go long enough, in my grows, I notice that the heads can shrink to a point where they're almost unnoticeable and it looks like just the stalk it there. IMO, it's time to harvest...

Are most of your trics cloudy or amber? I'm guessing yes... And always, if I'm having trouble seeing my tric heads properly, I change the lighting source I'm viewing them under. If' you are looking at your trics under HPS light, then you are probably missing alot, because the orange spectrum from the HPS offers no contrast to a amber tric head, so it looks like just another clear or cloudy tric, when in fact you have an amber tric. The whiter or bluer the light spectrum, the better it is for studying your trics. A bit of a blue light spectrum (like 6500k) contrasts well with amber or cloudy trics, really giving you an accurate showing of

Latest posts

Back