Decarb time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raidencmc

Reaction score
We decarbed for 30 minutes at 240°. Is this long enough? Is there a such thing as too long?

Depends on a lot of things. See this thread though.

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/i-flunked-decarbing.75969/

Yes, there is such a thing as too long. An oven cycles on and off to keep the temp kinda consistent but you can cook off a lot of good stuff too. I pulled a pan of weed out of my 285 dry oven and it was smoking. Not good...

I fell shattered my face and bulge 3 disc in my neck -- PTSD- -- Spent most of a decade as a legal Morphine junkie - Now I make my own medicine !--
I decarb at 275 for 45 minutes -Then I either pack the decarb into 00 gel caps and take with oil - Or make a coconut oil "tincture" - I put a jar of weed with the screw on ring removed in the oven - decarb it - Then pour warm coconut oil just to cover the weed --After a few hours and a few shakes or stirring - the weed can be filtered off -- Wanna make it stronger run the oil thru another batch of weed !-- Works for me !--

So I got 9a95. It has 21.541 thca and 1.015 thc. I did the math and please check me and I got 19.9 thc after I decarb. I bought 3.5 grams. I am trying to figure out how to get the weight right so I can work on getting the dose dialed in. When I tried the math to get the weight for 1mg of thc it was very small. Does that seem right?

You lost me. I would say a toaster oven would not be ideal as the heating coils will be very close to the herb and I would guess the temp calibration would be pretty iffy.

If you are saying you have 19.9% THC and you have 3.5 grams, 20% of 3.5 grams is 700 mg.

If you wanted to divide it into 1mg pieces it would be very small?

Are you being serious? If so, 700 mg would be 700 servings of 1 mg ‘pieces’, right? 1 mg isn’t going to do squat.

I have no math !-- I decarb and take a dose and see what it does !-- If I feel it wasn't enough I take more the next time -- If it gets me too high I take less!-- Some times I get too high on purpose !--
Raid we need to get U growing it is much easier to work with a larger amount !-- I decarb about an ounce at a time - In an electric oven !-- A glass jar helps keep the temp stable with little variation in temp -- An hour at 275 is not too much -- In a jar to keep smell down -- About 3 (00) caps of decarb seems to be a good dose for most but I take 4 -- That is trim weed !--- bud -- I would take less --

It's for my adult autistic daughter who can not talk. That is why the numbers are important. That way when we get another batch we can be close to what the last one was.

Sorry to hear that Raid-- Best Wishes -- Unless U can test each batch U gonna be guessing -- U don't even know what an effective dose is for the her -- More CBD or less with how much THC ?-- I would say U need both -One without the other is like clapping with one hand !- We got some weed geniuses around here !--Let me consult with them -- I spent 20 years as a surgical assistant -- I am familiar with most things medical !-- Have U ever heard of RSO ?-- It's the go to concentrate we use !-- We measure dosage by -- A dose is about the size of a grain of rice -- That's all the numbers we got !--

Sorry. My apologies. There are 1000 mg in a gram so the 3.5 grams you bought is 3500 mg. If your bud tests at 19.9%, that is essentially 20% THC. 20% of 3500 is 700. I saw some charts saying to start with 1 to 2.5 mg. To measure that, you will need a pretty accurate scale like drug dealers use. Personally, I would try to make some brownies or cookies with what you have. I make brownies that I cut up a 13”x9” pan into 120 pieces. Your 700 mg mixed into a batch of brownies that is cut into 120 pieces would have a little under 6 mg of THC in them. I actually only eat a half a brownie usually so in your case, that would be about 3 mg. A quarter would be 1.5 mg. If you go the brownie route and have already decarbed, cook the brownies at 300 deg f instead of the recommended 350 deg or you make cook off some of the cannabinoids. Another option is a tincture. I use everclear but you may not want to give your daughter alcohol. There is another way to make tincture with MCT which is an oil. I have not used it but have had MCT tincture and it is pretty much flavorless and may be a good choice. Again, my apologies. We get some trolls on here from time to time.

Raid U came to the right place - I think we can help U !
A dose for me is approximately 15 mg.--3 times a day !-- that is a pretty high dose but I have a high tolerance --Half high CBD weed and half high THC weed works best for me !-- whether cannacaps or coconut oil tincture !-- regular doses are important -

I'm good with getting the right mg dosage. I just want to make sure I reproduce when we get a new one. We are using plant matter capsules which we will mix her CBD oil with the weed. That way we can adjust her dosage till we get it right.

Raid if U are in a legal state U can get hash oil vape cartridges -- They have the numbers on the packaging --
U can dissolve the hash oil from one into a cc or 2 of everclear or your CBD oil and still do the math - make sure the packaging says the THC is "activated " - that means decarbed -- Should be able to dose by the drop !

Hi Raid, welcome to MP, I have found in my limited experience is that thc is needed for autism. We have better luck with a 1 to 1 cbd and thc. And for seizures too thc is important. We use tincture for one severely autistic boy.

Sorry. My apologies. There are 1000 mg in a gram so the 3.5 grams you bought is 3500 mg. If your bud tests at 19.9%, that is essentially 20% THC. 20% of 3500 is 700. I saw some charts saying to start with 1 to 2.5 mg. To measure that, you will need a pretty accurate scale like drug dealers use. Personally, I would try to make some brownies or cookies with what you have. I make brownies that I cut up a 13”x9” pan into 120 pieces. Your 700 mg mixed into a batch of brownies that is cut into 120 pieces would have a little under 6 mg of THC in them. I actually only eat a half a brownie usually so in your case, that would be about 3 mg. A quarter would be 1.5 mg. If you go the brownie route and have already decarbed, cook the brownies at 300 deg f instead of the recommended 350 deg or you make cook off some of the cannabinoids. Another option is a tincture. I use everclear but you may not want to give your daughter alcohol. There is another way to make tincture with MCT which is an oil. I have not used it but have had MCT tincture and it is pretty much flavorless and may be a good choice. Again, my apologies. We get some trolls on here from time to time.
So if I got this right 5mg of the bud has 1 mg of thc?

Throw your math out !--All weed is gonna be different -- Get some empty gel caps-- decarb the weed -- Whittle down a stick to fit inside the caps to pack them full !-- Do your dosage by how many caps !-- separate from your CBD oil -- Start with one capsule of decarbed bud if she can tolerate it 2 caps twice or 3 times a day should be plenty- U are not gonna over dose her !

Latest posts

Back