Deficiency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechaniMan

Reaction score
So I noticed some spots today. These are one and a half weeks into flowering. I'm information I've been able to gather online I think it's magnesium deficiency, what I've done is foliar fed them with Epsom salt. What do you guys think? I will be heading out to get some cal-mag today but figured I'd better ask for some advice. Just starting so it's a good time to catch it early.

Attachments

• 20220514_092401.jpg
    20220514_092401.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220514_092422.jpg
    20220514_092422.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220514_093745.jpg
    20220514_093745.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 10
Plants won't survive without cal/mag. 71/2 mil every time I water and feed up until a month from harvest. I also ad I tsp of epsom salt and 1/2 tbl spoon of molasses. And because I am so anal I dust 1 tsp of glacial dust over the top and water it in when I feed.

Plants won't survive without cal/mag. 71/2 mil every time I water and feed up until a month from harvest. I also ad I tsp of epsom salt and 1/2 tbl spoon of molasses. And because I am so anal I dust 1 tsp of glacial dust over the top and water it in when I feed.
1652536712191.png

I was spraying these regularly with epsom salts dissolve in water but have not done so the last 6 weeks. Definitely on my way to get some Cal Mag and we'll add it on my next feeding which should be tomorrow.

Would it be better to use Cal Mag or a micronutrients solution?

Edit

Screw it, I'm getting both. No room for error

Is that 7 1/2 mil per plant?

Been all over this damn town and can't find Cal Mag anywhere. For now I suppose I'll keep a close eye for a couple days and rely on the Epsom salts, wait and see what happens. While I was out I picked up a three-way meter and the soil in all of my containers has a pH of between 6.3 to 7 so I know it's not pH lockout at this point. I have the correct kind of lime which contains a lot of nutrients needed for these cannabis plants but I'm hesitant to use it cuz I don't want to change the pH because it is where it needs to be.

Attachments

• 20220514_132516.jpg
    20220514_132516.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3
Are you checking your PH runoff. Just asking because I made that mistake. My plants needed CalMag but couldn’t suck it up because my PH runoff was low wished to late that I had been checking it all along Cal mag is essential tho if you don’t have any get some.

Are you checking your PH runoff. Just asking because I made that mistake. My plants needed CalMag but couldn’t suck it up because my PH runoff was low wished to late that I had been checking it all along Cal mag is essential tho if you don’t have any get some.
I have checked a few times with a soil test kit, I take dirt from 4-5 inches deep, mix and soak it over night, draw water out and test. I'm in the 6.8-7 range.
Just ordered cal-mag today, be here in a couple days.

Latest posts

Back