Define S.O.G and it's benefits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/GrowFAQ Basic Topics.htm

I use a Linux distro with Fire Fox. I press F3 and type "sea of green". There are so many hits on that page that have to do with that subject.

In short, it is a form of super cropping and is really the only way to grow under lights unless there are some mitigating circumstances. :smoke1:

However, outdoors, I really don't know of any advantages to the plant itself growing in this style.

How I SOG (aka Sea of Green).
The instructions say 1 plant per sq.ft. but I get away with 1 plant per .75 sq.ft. Actually this time around going a lot less. going to do 16 oz. cups all the way through for fun. hoping for 1/4 oz. per plant and can fit 6 in less than 2 sq.ft. gonna see how it works out. gonna lose a few because they are seeds and a male will be in there. Looking at max ht. of 18 inches....gonna be root bound lol.
I trim the side branches and clone them and focus all the energy to the single top cola. So its one single cola per plant.
Many recommend hydro. but dirt is just as easy. Most of the how-to's will show using the wic hydro system. but a rubbermaid DWC would be better IMHO.
Good luck man. Happy growing.

Everything I have read says SOG is 4 plants per square foot, indoors anyway. One per square foot is what is normally recommended for indoor grows.

Hey young bud just start surfing all the old threads and reading. Everyquestion you have asked and everyone your about to think up and everyone you will think up later is in the form. Happy reading.

Latest posts

Back