Dermal absorption

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
It occurs to me to try this. Is there any info anywhere? I can easily enough make a skin cream using squalane, a natural oil that is absorbed very rapidly by the skin. The idea being to load the squalane with thc - they are both nonpolar.

are you talking about dermal absorption of THC?

look into cannabis tinctures made in the US old west. doctors soaked cannabis in alcohol and decanted/evaporated the alcohol to create a tincture which was applied to the wrist. mainly used for/on ladies there were mentions of "green stained wrists" of those treated.

we do the same thing to make our tincture (using Everclear), although we do it with prime bud instead of field hemp. not tried it as a wrist application, but boy it can make some extremely powerful stuff.

Interesting. I believe that it would certainly be worth a try, as I can see no downside or harm coming from trying this.

An old fashioned liniment. I need that right now on a disc problem. Would you decarbolize the buds in the oven first before soaking? I would guess yes. But that is a guess. I do when i make tincture.

nope. i first tried it using the KISS principle and never looked back (smile). i use a grinder to almost powder the bud, then put it in a ball jar and pour in maybe 4-5 oz of Everclear (also tried 151 Rum - didn't work as well i don't think), then seal it tight and put it in a dark place. i swill it 1-2 times a day for a couple of days. then i decant off the alcohol and throw away the mash. i take that alcohol and vent the jar for a couple of hours a day to let the alcohol evaporate. i let it evaporate down to 2 (or less) oz and then seal it in tight dark amber bottles.

the resulting tincture will be very lightly green tinged, and if you look at it under a magnifier you can see tiny trichomes which settle at the bottom of the jars. they look like tiny pretty little marbles.

you have to be real careful about the concentration! the first time i did it i packaged it in small 1 oz glass vials. i took one vial and poured it into a 16 oz glass of Coke and drank it. i fell asleep about an 1-2 hours later and slept for an easy 18 hours straight, woke with a THC clouded hangover for another day or two. it was WAY too powerful and flat knocked my rump out.

because it can come out SO strong is what makes me think it would also work as a topical/dermal liniment or tincture.

Rosebud said:
An old fashioned liniment. I need that right now on a disc problem. Would you decarbolize the buds in the oven first before soaking? I would guess yes. But that is a guess. I do when i make tincture.

Rosebud, I personally think that everything should be decarbonized.

I have some owwey spots that I think it would really help.

I have never made anything from the leftovers of vaping. Have any of you?

THG, I would like to make a really nice light cream. I had one someone made once and it was wonderful. I kept the bottle...the ingredients are: distilled water, avacado oil, pot, coconut oil (fractionated) (what ever that means),shea aloe and chamomile butter.. It is the best. Maybe this winter i will mess around and see if i can come up with something.

I believe vaping vaporizes 95% of the THC out of the bud when you smoke it. I don't think the leftovers are worth anything other than throwing in a compost heap. :O Could be wrong though... I'll let someone confirm/deny this.

-nasty

It is easy to make skin creams if you know what you're doing. You need an emulsifier - such as stearic acid. The ingredients Rosebud mentioned are all very good. I think I will try this.

I tried this. I made a fast-absorbing skin cream and the thc oil was based on squalene. The cream was fine, a light green colour. Unfortunately I have to say it has a very slight effect.

There have been some other discussions about tinctures and how to make them. One is at:

hXXp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58932

Latest posts

Back