desert growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe1313

Reaction score
I started some plants in a green house that is in the desert.My plants have been growing at a faster rate than anticipated .Has anyone bent plants at 6 foot and have them continue growing or should I just top them? My growing season is very long .Interested in any feed back .Thanks joe1313

I have tied down 10 footers with no problems. Each branch just grew towards the sun with huge colas on them

Will give it a try and see how things work out. Thanks for the reply.joe1313

Raise the roof of the greenhouse or like the guys ant MjHQ, raise the whole house ...lol

I just took my 6 ft tall plants and bent over some tops. They are very hardy. Don't break them off, just bend, or maybe Duck could elaborate on his training tall girls.

I started some plants in a green house that is in the desert.My plants have been growing at a faster rate than anticipated .Has anyone bent plants at 6 foot and have them continue growing or should I just top them? My growing season is very long .Interested in any feed back .Thanks joe1313

Greetings

Yo 1313 , desert growing is difficult, I posted an Afghani grown in New MEXICO in a hot, dry environment. Plants should be watered daily . Sativas do poorly in this environment, whereas indicas flourish . As far as growth , and bending do that, I learned the hard way with a KC BRAINS Leda Undo Thai leaning that required constant training and harvesting. This strain had THE fastest growth of any variety I know in existence in a hot environment that from seed to three wks was 6 feet tall! the cuttings did the same, either control or genetics.

Peace
ATOMIC Dog

Here's a 6ft bent a few days ago...anchored to the stakes you see such an abundance of...bend away

This is typical of my grow, so can't resist by saying I too found it a lot easier to wrap a sheet iof re-enforcing mesh, and encase it around the plant to save having to constantly adjust the branches ...lol

...nice piggy!

Latest posts

Back