Diagnostics???? I got pics :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
Hey guys can you help me get the kinks worked out with these organics... I got some hard yellowing on top of a couple of my plants can't quite figure out why. Its weird because they are all the same two strains and all in the same dirt and these 2 and one more look like this... Here are some pics

0308120614.jpg

0308120615.jpg

Looks to me like your clones hit the "time to take off" mark and they are blowing up fast. When my plants are growing as fast as they can, the tops of all the shoots look like that. I think your just fine there...

How much light do you have? The only other thing maybe a lack of watts.

Say I am running 24 hours light for veg. Then I switch to 18 and 6 off. Because the plant goes into darkness like that, it will stretch rapidly and turn a little yellow.

MG Canna said:
Morning Jericho.

Yes jericho I transplanted them Saturday. I'm pretty sure this isn't normal canna ther is some real discoloration in there. I think it could poss be a sulfur deficiency? Maybe so epsom salt? Any ideas anyone.

I was saying good morning to Jericho.....

The left pic looks a little yellow to me but the other one looks just fine......but that's just me. Like I said, when the tips of my plant are like that, the plant is usually exploding on me. I dont have any other info on what you have been giving your plants afa nutrients, lighting and temps, so it's not easy to diagnose just a picture.

Hah :rofl; I meant to quote jericho not you.

I wasn't sayin your wrong btw my plant get lighter for the first couple weeks of lower while they stretch but these are 2 week babies in veg so...I believe I have hit a bit of a problem.

It looks like stress from transplant. How were the roots when you transplanted? Could any stress have been caused?

Simply put if the roots where stressed then they will not perform properly until they heal, so nute uptake might be effected.

Allot of other try foliar feeding while this happens. I wont give advise on that as have not done it before but someone else mentioned 10:1 ratio water to nutes.

Morning MG, Well not morning here, its 15:30 here lol.

I suppose I could of damaged then a little. But I didn't notice if I did. They looked good at transplant.... I'm a hydro guy try to get my hands dirty so this is all pretty new

Im sure someone will chip in and give some better advise if it is stress from transplant. I have had mine look like that once, scared me so much i start in 3 gallon pots so i dont need to transplant. If its shock it should get over it with some TLC

Thanks jericho we will see if that was the problem hopefully. We will see though. I'm afraid its a bit more than that

Hey LJ, I love typing LJ, cause it looks cool.

Are you perhaps over watering? Have they had their dry out period? Just a thought. Don't panic, i think it will be ok. How were they cloned?

Well they were in solo cups for two weeks once rooted in rapid rooters. They stayed there till I noticed a lil yellowing. I watered them then (for only the second time) with some fish emulsion. The then a few days later they had all really took off growth wise. So Saturday I put them into new pots they were still pretty wet at the transplant and I watered them again after the transplant to get all the dirt wet..... I have 4 too many plants anyway for my space so if they don't pick up obviously there not gonna make the cut.

Does it look like it could be an iron deficiency I did hicks nutrient troubleshooter and that is where it led me with a pretty accurate desription.

Does it look like my pics? Thanks for the help guys.

That does look like an iron deficiency but I am incline to think that the transplant has shocked them a bit. Sometimes that happens even though there was no apparent damage. I would leave them be for another week, and if they look like they are getting weaker and you want to try to save them, the foliar feed is a good trick to pep them up and give them the nutes they need while the roots heal. :)

Something just hit me guys tell me if this could be my problem.

So I mixed all my dirt as per ozzys soil mixes ammending with bone, blood meal etc....

The second time I mixed the dirt I THOUGHT I remebered the recipe lol..Well mostly I did the only thing is instead of one tbls per gallon of kelp meal I added two. Then I got on and looked and was like doh....But anyway I figured it would be ok.

Like I said after today 5 of my 14 plants are now somewhat affected and that is probably about how many got the second soil... although I can't remeber what order I did them in lol darn confidential cheese. So this could be a coincidence but my only excuse for why only a few of them were affected.

The extra kelp meal doesn't sound like it would cause this, however I am not into the soil amendments so I don't know the particulars of the kelp meal. If it is real high in a particular element then it could cause another element to be blocked.

Latest posts

Back