diatomaceous earth question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Emmett

Closet Farmer
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if its ok to use diatomaceous earth thats made for pool filters in my plants?

I read somewhere not to use it because it is heat treated, but i dont know why that would make a difference.

Thanks for any info, im having trouble finding any that isnt for pool filters, and i have a terrible fungus gnat problem right now that i need to take care of today.

Yes, it's the same stuff. The one I bought even said "food grade". It also said pure DE.

:aok:
Dont use too much in the medium

take care and be safe....

4u2sm0ke said:
:rofl:

I dont recomend wearing it:p

:ciao: RoseBud :48:

Actually, the web site says it's ok to wear it :hubba: It's also ok to take it internally (eat it) :w00t: I didn't see anything about breathing it, though :D

morethanalive.com/Diatomaceous-Earth-Food-Grade-Powder

Thanks for the response guys, i appreciate it.

I ve been noticing a few gnats lately but i wasnt really concerned, i notice one of my ladies has way small buds than the other, clones from the same mother taken at the same time fed the same vegged the same etc etc, i water last night the larger female i see a few gnats fly out, the smaller stunty one, it was like a gnat storm, the entire top of the medium was white with writhing gnat maggots, there were thousands.

Problem is they are 6 weeks in flower so i gotta get this nailed down quick i guess.

Wish me luck with the D.E

Water from the bottom and coat the whole top of the soil about 1/2 inch thick with the DE

Hey ozz, i dunno if i can water from the bottom, im using Massproducers hempy buckets, but i can give it a shot. If not, they have the reservoir in the bottom which should keep em happy for a a week or so.

just set the hempy bucket in water deeper than the holes in the bottom of your bucket. Just remember the DE only works when dry like others have said

funny the girl at my not so local hydro shop said to mix it in the soil however i use it as a top coat and started watering from the bottom like others

I top dress the soil with it. About 1/2"

Latest posts

Back