Did I over did my veg stage??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyBlazeBK

Reaction score
This is my 2 babies late in third week (first 2 pics) almost 4th week. Feed dem veg food amd karma for the first 3 weeks and this feeding added some flower food. It's late into the 4th week almost 5 weeks into veg cycle (under 24 hrs light at first 3 weeks with the t5 and then 250 hps) which is more than usaual for me, but I'm trying something new. They are much more bushy now than in da pics. I just turned the lights off completly for 1 day and a half now. Heard this is ok before flowering stage. I did it cause I think they got too big for me and might out grow the room. Any input and help will be greatly appreciated. Any advice guys?? Last 3 pics are just from today. I'm putting them under 12/12 today?
Questions are:
Did I over do the growing or am I ok?
Did the flower nute added in the 3rd week of veg ok?
Is the 24 hr without light before flowering stage ok? Or make sense?
Hps lights added during veg ok?
Is syntetic food ok or stick with organic?
Advice?
Opinions?

DSC07314.JPG

DSC07315.JPG

DSC07316.JPG

DSC07317.JPG

DSC07318.JPG

A couple questions:
Are these from seed or clone?
Why the day and half in the dark? If anything I would think this would cause them to stretch.
If they are from seed, do they have alternating nodes which would indicate that they are sexually mature and ready to flower?

IMO, putting them into a prolonged dark period prior to flowering encourages stretch, something you do not want. Get them into 12/12. They are looking fine.

Hamster Lewis said:
A couple questions:
Are these from seed or clone?
Why the day and half in the dark? If anything I would think this would cause them to stretch.
If they are from seed, do they have alternating nodes which would indicate that they are sexually mature and ready to flower?

They are clones. I just heard and read dat the darkness makes her kno that her flowering stage is coming therefore encouraging her to begin to produce glands...etc etc...idk...I'm just takin in as much advice as I can. I will put her into 12/12 right away...I don't want no strecth....thanks man

The Hemp Goddess said:
IMO, putting them into a prolonged dark period prior to flowering encourages stretch, something you do not want. Get them into 12/12. They are looking fine.

Thanks. If u say she is fine then that make me happy...Thanks

JohnnyBlazeBK said:
They are clones. I just heard and read dat the darkness makes her kno that her flowering stage is coming therefore encouraging her to begin to produce glands...etc etc...idk...I'm just takin in as much advice as I can. I will put her into 12/12 right away...I don't want no strecth....thanks man

Kinda like the way the earth goes dark for a day and a half before anything flowers? Sorry, but that is just so weird.

I veg long and I like it that way.

Rosebud said:
Kinda like the way the earth goes dark for a day and a half before anything flowers? Sorry, but that is just so weird.

I veg long and I like it that way.

Really? So its not unusal to go for more than 4 weeks of veg?? How tall do you get dem before 12/12...cool n Thanks...

I have veged for two months and my last grow three. I don't recommend three.

Rosebud said:
I have veged for two months and my last grow three. I don't recommend three.
wow never knew u could for that long...cool...thanks for you advice

JohnnyBlazeBK said:
Also syntetic food or stick to organic food????

That's a personal choice...I prefer General Hydroponics 3 part system. It's cheap, easy to use and gets great results.

Hamster Lewis said:
That's a personal choice...I prefer General Hydroponics 3 part system. It's cheap, easy to use and gets great results.
COOL I'll ck it out.

Latest posts

Back