did i take enough leaf off of this bud?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surreptitious

Supreme Chancellor
Reaction score
hey guys, i am starting to harvest my first batch ever and took some pictures. can you guys tell me if i have removed enough of the leave material?

i'm saving all the leaves, not sure if i'll make hash or just smoke them, we'll see.

this is the strain ice, which is: "cross of Afghan, Northern Lights, Skunk and Shiva"

happy growing,
serrupt

100.jpg

99.jpg

101.jpg

That's how I like them...I leave a lil more leaf on then most though...looks good

so, you like it that way, but i could pull off more leaf and be ok

I see more leaf that could be trimmed but I don't usually trim to that point...

if the buds are dense and pretty i like to take all leaf matter off..or as much as possible.however you like it.

thats even a little better then i did for most of my harvest...but i did leave plenty on. I think it looks like they will dry in to perfect little nuggers! congrats of your first success!

thanks guys :) looking forward to chopping the rest of it down.

surreptitious said:
thanks guys :) looking forward to chopping the rest of it down.

The more you harvest the more you will refine your technique to your tastes...one thing I learned quickly is don't cheap out on your scissors or shears...

looks sweet and fresh! good trim job...in fact you dont have to be so precise....

cut the big fan leaves off by their stem...otherwise just do what yr doin lol

good luck!
destroyer

You really blew it, bro. You'd better drop that stuff off at my house for a closer look.:rolleyes:

Nice job all the way around. Of those 3 strains, the Ice, the WW and the Crystal, the Ice has turned out to be my favorite--wish I'd cloned on with it. Third grow I got it sooo dialed in. How sticky was it? My second and third grows were so gummy I have to dig it out of my bud buster to roll one with it.

You done good--welcome to freedom.

I personally trim every single bit of leaf material off that I can. I believe that the leaf material makes the bud smoke harsh. I make hash from the trimmings. I never smoke leaf material--tastes nasty to me.

:yeahthat:
The Hemp Goddess said:
I personally trim every single bit of leaf material off that I can. I believe that the leaf material makes the bud smoke harsh. I make hash from the trimmings. I never smoke leaf material--tastes nasty to me.

keep in mind that we grow this product for it's trichromes and not it's buds...

If there are a lot of trikes all over onto the leaves, I trim more liberally...

cmd420 said:
keep in mind that we grow this product for it's trichromes and not it's buds...

If there are a lot of trikes all over onto the leaves, I trim more liberally...

This what i was going to say also. Basically, leaving some leaf should hold more trichsasit closes around the bud dying which would be more potent from what it said in the grow bibe. This is all preference of course THG doesn't care for leaf and that's cool, i really don't either this is just a side bar about the trich loss if trimming clean.

I do the same as NVThis......if the leaves are trich covered I usually just snip off the tips, and leave most of the sugar coateing. When it dries it wraps around the bud, and sort of forma a little protection for the buds. I do a good flush 10 days out from harvest to wash out any clorophyll, this gets rid of that burn you get from smoking the little bit of leaf matter. I use all small buds and leaf matter that gets trimmed in my hash bags........I'm also lazy when it comes to trimming...I have good intentions but after about the first plant I just want to hire some chinese kids....lol

I trim my buds just like your pics, then hang dry them.. When the outside of the buds are crisp I do a final manicure and get the rest of the leaf matter off..

yea i hate sticking shears into my buds to get to the tiny leaf stems cuz i feel im messing up the buds and too much trichs stick to the shears so i keep them trim the tips and smoke the trich covered leaves with the bud. if you dont wana smoke em you could remove them when you wana toke the bud and place them in a hashbag at that point

I do the same thing as Mindzeye...my buds usually get manicured 3 times at different stages. I like to have the small leaves on to help slow the drying process down, and then I will work on them while they are in the paper sack, and also a little while in jars....if your like me you love staring at your work anyway, so you may as well have a pair of scissors handy

this post looks very familiar...lol

Your trim is fine...surrep....less leaf does make for smoother smoke...but trimming is hard work ...sometimes and back hurting....I do nine plants on a good week in two days...with this type of buds...Popcorn now officially goes into the hash tray....swipe, swipe, swipe....
It is pretty tho, your harvest....

BTW...that lil bit of bud..is rock KA Thud, solid....

If your hands hurt or your wrist, try the fiskars, spring loaded...I use only those...and like Legalize...I do one pass, 2nd pass and then a third....

IMG_2295 Freshly Trimmed.jpg

so many opinions...i guess i'll try it a couple different ways to see what i like. :)

thanks though!

Latest posts

Back