Did my friend *pluck me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsman101

Reaction score
please read the WHOLE story and give your input.

i helped a good friend of mine start a garden in his backyard. we had about 12 plants, and after we destroyed the males, we had 5 female plants. 1 was about 7 feet tall in a 5 gal pot, and the rest were 5-6 ft. tall when they started budding. he does not go to college and i left him with the garden a month ago when i left for school. i had helped a great deal, but since i would be gone for a month of watering we decided that he would get 60% of the buds. now i live far away and havent had much contact with him, or how the plants were doing, besides a call every week or so to check in. but then i call in 3 days ago to check and he says he has bad news. there was something growing on the buds, a white spidery fungus. he said he looked it up on the internet and found something that looked like it and he said it said to harvest right away. he said the fungus attacks the bud from the inside out. he said the fungus came because the area where we are growing got hit pretty hard from the aftermath of the recent hurricane. he said that the days of rain from the hurricane is what caused the fungus. there were also some winds and one plant supposedly was blown over. he said that the bud, when dried, is brown and looks like schwag and he is going to sell it at $200 an ounce. when i left the plants were completely purple and crystally and SO beautiful. he said to expect 1-2 ounces after he salvages the fungus off the bud (that supposedly affected all 5 plants including the one in the pot). is there any fungus out there that could make this possible? or am i getting it in the ***

It is within the realm of posibility that your friend is telling the truth, powdery mildew does start in damp buds, quickly and does destroy most of the weed. However, back in the late 70's, it was quite common to get moldy weed, bugg filled weed etc and I seem to recall it still got us buzzed. I have heard of crops totally ruined by mildew.

As an aside, if you havent the temperment/trust to believe your partner, you shouldnt be in partership, eh :hubba:

Just bug his house with a listening device then you'll know!! (only joking)

one more thing its best to go alone.. the last crop i had 4 guys kicked my door in gun to my head and robbed me!!! its a good job my girlfriend was not here...
Its only a most trusted person.. everyone gets greedy.. your mate should of told you the same day about the crop problems.. he had your pants down mate.. i told th 1 wrong person he opened his mouth and another gang came to mine and robbed it!!! the next one is out the area!!!

Out of sight out of mind. Once you left for bigger and better things, you left the things you know. Let it go and focus on you. In my 17 years of the game I have seen everyone from BFF to family screw me when drugs and MJ are involved. Even tried it myself(not me even though I got good at it). Grow your own and move on.

so does he still have the bud? or has he sold it... if the bud is gone, then it doesn't matter anymore because u can't go back and get it back... if he still has some of the bud, inspect it and see if there is any trace of mold... or if it looks like shwag... then u will know. otherwise, start a new grow man :/

When I was in college, my roommate and I had a closet grow going in our room, we had 4 plants going under high powered grolux and got an excellent crop started. I noticed some of the plants were snipped, roommate said they were broken off in an accident. a week or so later, I again saw some snipped buds and went out and bought a deadbolt to lock the door on the snipper. the next week, the hinges were removed from the door and again some snippage occured. [now I know a great method for securing doors with external hinges] I then moved the grow to another room and no more snippage. Roommate never admitted His part in the snippage, but His worthless lil Bro mentioned it much later on :hubba: and I confronted Him.

The point of it all, I found out that you cant trust partners in most cases. After I left the communal living arrangement at college, I never got into another partnership for growing weed, in my mind, an individual and singlehanded process not to be done communally ;)

Puffin Afatty said:
When I was in college, my roommate and I had a closet grow going in our room, we had 4 plants going under high powered grolux and got an excellent crop started. I noticed some of the plants were snipped, roommate said they were broken off in an accident. a week or so later, I again saw some snipped buds and went out and bought a deadbolt to lock the door on the snipper. the next week, the hinges were removed from the door and again some snippage occured. [now I know a great method for securing doors with external hinges] I then moved the grow to another room and no more snippage. Roommate never admitted His part in the snippage, but His worthless lil Bro mentioned it much later on :hubba: and I confronted Him.

The point of it all, I found out that you cant trust partners in most cases. After I left the communal living arrangement at college, I never got into another partnership for growing weed, in my mind, an individual and singlehanded process not to be done communally ;)

:aok:...Boy ' howdee .. I've lost good friends over "partenerships".. never again.. :(

i too had an experience like that.i had started about 100 plants to be grown outdoors.i had them up about 6-8 inches and was ready to move them to a wooded area.i got shot in the leg and was in the hosp. for 6 days.so my neighbor and i were kinda tight.i explained to hime the dillemma of me not being able to get these plants out.so he said he would take the plants and take care of them and when it was time to harvest,i would be the one to sell what we didn't keep for ourselves.agreed.it rocked on for several months and he had prior told me how well they were doing.i was in the cast for 6 months also. so he starts to avoid me,hmmmm. so he has to pass me property to get out of his driveway and i stopped him going out one morning.i asked about the plants.he says they were all beautiful when he went fed them last.when he went back a week later they were all dead.bullshit.with a leg in a half cast i drug his arse out of that truck and whipped him untili could not physically lift my arms anymore.3 months later he starts building a new house.hmmm,this dude had no money,dirt poor redneck.go figure on that one.i am a vengeful person and never forget anything.so mysteriously 6 months later his house burned down,gotta love it

i wouldn't put that on here... because just think... what if he did tell the truth, karma goes a long way man. and i just wouldn't post something like that on here anyways yo but good job kicking his ***, i would have done it myself.

no way,i was in texas when his house burned.it was just ironic that it happened.thats why i believe that whats goes around comes around.he got what he deserved.and believe me,they questioned me about this event.so he had to tell them that iwas the only one that had an issue with him.just luckily i was in texas or there might have been some legal issues.i'm not that stupid,lol

i think its ** if you asked me because when your having a grow-op you have to take care it and then inspect them before the problem gets worse, being that it was in his backyard wouldnt you look at them everyday? i know i would, i know guys who look at seedlings even tho they havent sprouted its the who marvel of them growing, do you see where im getting at, to make sure everything is ok you know what i mean, with that being said why didnt he call you before the problem got out of hand, another thing that could of happend, he was talking about it to much, someone jumped in his backyard "yoink" and left him with the "horse sh@#" even tho a person tells another person "keep it between me and you" alot of people like to build a status "yeah i got these plants man, yeah wanna come see it, man this is me at work" to try to show off in front of people, trust me i know people that are like that, let me tell you a little thing i came up with "you can never trust a friend, why because at the end of friend there is an end f-r-i-E-N-D, you can never trust them around around your girls if you take the "retard" (the part of him that makes you laugh) out of the friend (meaning the letter R) all you have left is a Fiend, i dont trust no one with my girls and i mean my plants or my woman, cause its serious business, people are evil, and they never admit there wrongs, but im telling you this never grow with a friend, unless your there 24/7, take this as a lesseon "if im not there then things will not grow right, so better not to grow at all"

kamsai

when me and my buddys were in high school we grew a bunch of plants then moved them to a sacluded place after we got rid of males we had 5 females all about 6 feet tall the were beautiful smelled so good form about 50 feet away.but anyways my 1 buddy took some pictures of himself with the plants had them developed.and they were in his car so he gets pulled over and has open can of beer in his car they serch him and his car find the pictures.and the cops dident care about the open beer or the little bit of weed he had on him.all they wanted to know is were the plants were so he takes them to the spot and that was the end of that all that hard work 4 nothing

learning experince

I have heard of --rural justice-- many times UP here ;)

Some troll from Detroit, bought a very small, [5 acres] piece of property in a nearby county, built a 3 bedroom shack and a driveway, just to get away from it all, an admirable idea, eh :hubba:

He would only come UP a few times each summer to party, fish, and a few times in winter to hunt, snowmobile and maybe Icefish a couple times. He had no respect for His neighbors, leaving lots of trash, making lots of noise and tearing UP his neighbors property with 4 wheelers and snow machines. the only good thing was the influx of His cash into the state/county/DNR coffers every time He was cited :aok:

I 1st met this guy while I was hunting His neighbors woods for grouse and woodcock. He tried to shoo me off HIS land, until I told him who owned it, where the boundary was and what WE had for breakfast ;) My Lab didnt like this guy at 1st sight either, growling and postering for an attack.

Anyway, as the story goes, He angered just 1 too many folks I guess and on July 4th, of the next year, His 3-bedroom shack burned to the ground, His $50k escalade mysteriously disappeared from the UP, and the same day reappeared as a flaming mess, 400miles away on his detroit driveway. Funny thing, nobody anywhere saw anything, even His Detroit neighbors :rofl: even LE was baffled :confused2
then, UP here, I guess noone, even LEO, would take the abusive guy to town to get a ride, and He had to walk nearly 15 miles, I know I drove by Him at least 4x :rofl:

Sometimes, Karma has a little push ;)

Latest posts

Back