dieing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stash

Reaction score
for only one of my nearly three week old (19days) plants, the first two leaves on the plant that grow opposite from eachother right after the cotyldons grow are beginning to have yellow/brownish small rips in them. no other leaves are unhealthy looking. does this usually happen.

i really don't know but mine r the same and they really r ok after a few days!!

I really dont worry... just dont over water and they will be OK!!

At almost three weeks they are probably looking for some food, have you used anything on them yet? How tall are they?

no nutes yet just 200ml tap water once a day...they are 4 and 1/2 inches tall and are very bushy with 4 nodes

Probably time for some food, watering as needed instead of everyday will help too.

stash said:
for only one of my nearly three week old (19days) plants, the first two leaves on the plant that grow opposite from each other right after the cotyldons grow are beginning to have yellow/brownish small rips in them. no other leaves are unhealthy looking. does this usually happen.
Hey stash, you haven't told us enough about your grow.

Here's a handy list of questions that would provide a lot of answers real fast.

CLICK HERE

Good luck to you man. As soon as I see your answers, I'll tell you more about your plants.

FOR STONEY BUD - ONLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS THAT APPLIED TO ME. THANKS FOR FEEDBACK IF POSSIBLE...........
1. How tall are your plants now?
[/I]5 inches tall
2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently?
[/I]22 inches and constant
3. How old are they?
[/I]20 days old
4. What strain are they?
[/I]unknown
5. Did you start them from seed or clone?
[/I]seed
6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons?
[/I]2 gallon plastic pots
7. Dirt?
[/I]no
8. What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use?
[/I]miracl grow moisture control mix with perlite
9. Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"?
[/I]yes
10. What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any?
[/I]only what is included in miracl grow
11. Hydroponic?
[/I]no
20. HPS
[/I]yes
21. Wattage?
[/I]400watt/53k lumen
22. Ballast, is it digital or analog?
[/I]analog
23. Is it remote or in your grow area?
[/I]yes
24. What nutrients are you feeding your plants?
[/I]200ML tap water once a day
29. Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow?
[/I]yes
30. If so, what do you use?
[/I]opened closet door for fresh air/window fan blowing air inside
31. Do you use a fan?
[/I]yes
32. What type of fan and where is it pointed? What speed?
[/I]Holmes duel fan pointed up toward open air partially cooling off ballast and light. power is on low
33. Temperature of the grow area?
[/I]constant 80degrees F
34. Humidity of the grow area?
[/I]unknown
35. Is CO2 being introduced? What method?
[/I]no
36. Do you use Odor Control, (carbon, ionizer, ozone gen)?
[/I]ionizer outside of grow space but close by
37. Do you use LST? HST?
[/I]no

[/I]miracl grow moisture control mix with perlite
9. Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"?
[/I]yes
I'd be very cautious adding any nutrients useing this soil. MG w/ nutrients is easily over nutrified by adding.
ONLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS THAT APPLIED TO ME
I don't see a ph reading answered. A ph reading most certainly applies..
[/I]200ML tap water once a day
watering on a "schedule" isn't a proper proceedure. Watering daily in a "moisture control" medium is even less desirable.."IMHO". Water when the plants become dry and are needing it, not daily..

do not know the pH level but it wasn't in the questions list. i water on schedule because my last grow grew slow and unhealthy because of overwatering/underwatering and it just seemed practical do try a different method but ill now water whenever needed. would it be a good idea to lower my hps bulb to 18inches from 22?

i should add that horizontally my plants are very impressive looking for their age but arent very tall and when i look at them from a side view i see alot of other small leaves inbetween and very bushy looking but again, they dont seem tall enough. also the coloring is dark green and the leaves are a little rough and not very soft

do not know the pH level but it wasn't in the questions list.
..Huh???..I'll take that up with Stoneybud..:(
hee hee...If they are bushy, but not so tall, that is probably a "good" thing. Especially under lights. The further away the light source, the less useable spectrum for your lower branches. Most pple fight the stretch. Do everything to keep them short and bushy.
Lower leaves(also the oldest) are usually early indicators oof some kind of defficiency, but it could be low quality light at that distance. As long as it doesn't progress, I wouldn't be too concerned.
TBG should jump in here with the Miracle grow soil advice. I think he has used it a few times.

Latest posts

Back