dieletric gel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iams

Off the leash!
Reaction score
I am new here but wanted to share a secret that you may already know but I did not find reference by the short search I did.

Dialetric gel, or as sold in autopart chain stores is know as sparkplugs boot protector gel. It is sold in all autoparts stores near the cash register for 1.00-2.00 $. a little pouch goes along way.

Use on threads of bulbs. It lubricates threads and cuts down on oxidation on threads which makes bulb removal easier, no male sockets left broken in female sockets. The gel passes electricty and keeps out moisture.

I use it in all my home lamps and any application of connector. ( travel trailer, weather pacs, outdoor plugs....)

Bulbs won't stick on sockets and after first install, reapplication of gel is only needed every 3 or so bulbs. In overhead can/ recessed lighting I consider it a requirement.

Hope this is helpful.

Iams.

"no male sockets left broken in female sockets".

Yup I hate when I break of in the little misses be painful as heck! LOL

Just pokin some fun, what I do time to time.

BWD

Yup! I knew that would get a rise out of some.:ignore:

Thanks for the quick and funny response.:D

Iams.

Aint to seein nothin yet pilgrem just gettin started lol
Yual fit in just fine here I reckon, sence of humar be key here time to time

BWD

Awsome advice, ive used "bulb grease" for years.

Thread bout different types of LUBE this here thread going to take funny trails reckon sooner rather then later LOL

Be fun one to watch I think

BWD

Latest posts

Back