different height delima. plz help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufindo

weedaholic
Reaction score
hey guys wut up? i have a situation i need advise on. first let me tell u my setup. i have a small setup 4gal res. bubbler tank with 4 net pots, and a 250 watt flo. the strain is easy bud. two of them grew excellent and are about a foot tall and two of them were shocked i guess and are about 6" tall(the stem hasnt developed into a stalk yet, its half way down). theyve been vegging for five weeks now. should i wait for the other two to catch up, or throw them out? will they even make bud(the little ones)? they are feminized seeds too. how much bud do you think i will get out of this grow? this will be my 1st successful grow! ive always gotten males and hermies.

pufindo said:
hey guys wut up? i have a situation i need advise on. first let me tell u my setup. i have a small setup 4gal res. bubbler tank with 4 net pots, and a 250 watt flo. the strain is easy bud. two of them grew excellent and are about a foot tall and two of them were shocked i guess and are about 6" tall(the stem hasnt developed into a stalk yet, its half way down). theyve been vegging for five weeks now. should i wait for the other two to catch up, or throw them out? will they even make bud(the little ones)? they are feminized seeds too. how much bud do you think i will get out of this grow? this will be my 1st successful grow! ive always gotten males and hermies.

There are choices for you, depending on how you are with lighting. I had two plants and the 2nd one was way smaller than the first. When it was time for me to put the larger plant to flower I took out the smaller plant and put it in my clone box (CFL on 24/0) and put the other to flower (400watt HPS). So if you have some way to separate them and can light them separately, that would be my first option.

2nd option is that you have only one light but can separate the water, the larger plants get started on bloom nutes, the small plants still on veg nutes and turn your lighting 12/12 or 18/6. The last option is to hold out for the smaller to catch up and perhaps top the larger plants to slow their height and fill them out more.

Hope this helps.

I also come across, fairly often, a handful of little ones that just don't thrive like the others, especially with the skinny stem like you say. Were they from seed or clone?
Most of mine never catch up and either get moved out of the way or flowered as dwarves. They will still produce but not too much.
I don't want to discourage you though, give it a little more time and see what happens. Just remember that you need to have enough height to deal with however tall the bigger ones are going to be when they're done.
I would probably top like Ravishing said.

they are from seed(dr, chronic). im scared to top. they look soooo good at the top. ive never done it b4! do i just cut the top off? how much bud am i possibly looking at? thanx guys... or gals!

It's hard to say about the outcome, there are so many variables.
I know it's kind of hard at first but it's tough love man, it'll keep them shorter and give a couple of tops to work with.
Just clip the top section back as close to the first branching nodes as you can and two will grow back.

wow. i just did it! how long b4 i should see new growth? will that make the bud less potent?

It will have no effect on the potency of the bud, it just buhes it out for you. Depending on how fast the veg. growth is going you should see them come back in a couple days to a week.

thanx dood! big help! love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think im fixing to throw out those 2 little ones. im ready to bud and i dont think they arte ready!

i would keep the little ones never know what ull get. you definately wont loose anything.

Latest posts

Back