different nutes, for 2 stages?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENIE_420

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that during veg cycle a certain nutrient or fertilizer is good, then when you are in flower cycle a different one is used. Anyone know about this? I can't seem to find this info again.

most nute lines have a Growth (Veg) and a Bloom (Flower) formula.

some lines also are in more parts like Base, Micro and Bloom.

but the anwser to the question is yes, you use differnt nute for the differnt stages of growth

More N during veg, early flower, then More P and K during flower.

i almost got the abreiviations, N-nitrogen, P-phosphorus, K-???:eek: and what exactly do you mean by lines?

LINES...as in product lines. Some product lines are GH, ESUGreenleaves, FoxFarms, RootsOrganics, EarthJuice, Advanced Nutrients, ALL these are product/nutrient lines.

Just as Puffin said, there's ultimately four stages of growth: embryonic, seedling, vegetative and bloom. For the embryonic and seedling you dont really need to muck about w/ nutes (at the very most a lil bit of Great White under the seed in the pot). Its when they reach the Veg stage that you'll utilize a GROW (lights on for 18+hrs/day)regimen for your girls and when you switch them down to 12 hrs/day for BLOOM you'll utilize a BLOOM formula...

GREENIE_420 said:
i almost got the abreiviations, N-nitrogen, P-phosphorus, K-???:eek: and what exactly do you mean by lines?
K...potassium. so if nutes say 0-33-30 the last number is k (potassium)

I have simple question and I dont want to start a new thread. So when my seeds pop and I put them in soil do I place them under 24/0 light right away or what? (Btw 24/0 is the veg cycle I plan to use.)

Yes, place then under 24/0 light right away. However when they are small, they do not need intense light. If you are using a HID to veg, you will need to keep it a foot or so away from the plant. I always also think it is a good idea to get a little breeze on them as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Back